Author Topic: Dreams About His Ilk  (Read 2116 times)

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Dreams About His Ilk
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
I had a dream about AP Mike leaving the Best Show last night, which I guess makes it official that The Best Show is always on my mind.  It was a good dream overall, thankfully.  Definitely not a nightmare.

It was mainly the going-away party for Mike.  It took place in what my head thinks is Downtown Bayonne, which apparently is a slightly more monochromatic version of a Norwegian port city thoroughfare -- more warehouse-y but charming nonetheless.

I didn't recognize anyone there except Mike, Tom, Jillian, Therese, and the future AP of The Best Show, Fred Schneider of the B-52s.  Fred was the most quiet of them all. He was talking about records with Mike.. I think Henry Nilsson, Van Dyke Parks, Todd Rundgren?

The only weird thing in the dream was that the party organizers decided to rent out a unicorn for the party, since some of the party-goers had kids.  A couple of guys brought over a very large goat with a purple plastic horn glued onto its head. It looked like a parade horn or vuvuzela, but backwards. There were only 3 kids, and 2 of them were not into the unigoat at all. They were crying.  One of them always looked at it with curiosity, but that's it. I tried to pet the unigoat, but the dream wouldn't let me!  (Isn't it annoying that dreams allow you to defy all mortal skills, but will prevent you from doing the simplest thing on occasion?)

Everyone was really happy but with a heavy sigh.  There was a toast, and then Mike asked everyone for a special request. He told everyone to grab a 40 oz from a very large cooler, which each did. He asked everyone to pour out a 40.  Everyone did, although some were wondering why, exactly. This all took place at the giant Tear sculpture in Bayonne, near where the party was.  After the pourings of the 40s, Mike laughed a bit and said "I always wanted to do that!"

..then I woke up this morning for work.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: Dreams About His Ilk
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:09:40 AM »
That was a very prescient dream, mackro.
See God, Kai

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »
"Who's on line 1, Fred?"
"HERE COMES BEN KHARAAAAAKH!"
(pause)
"I can't do this.  This isn't working." 

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:54:02 PM »
This thread is titled like it was some kind of sexual dream.