Author Topic: Doctor Who.  (Read 3821 times)

Jon Solomon

• Plantar Fasciitis
Doctor Who.
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:10:46 PM »
Season 3 trailer. Get psyched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h-cKtW8OQk

JS
Hello.

bruce

Re: Doctor Who.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:08:29 PM »
Already there bitsey, I'll be watching it hopefully by 9 our time on Saturday

Laurie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:09:54 PM »
Oooohhhh, I'm looking forward to the gay wampire episode.

Jason

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »
Now that Rome is over it's nice to know at least one part of my week will not completely suck.

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 03:44:15 AM »
Now that Rome is over it's nice to know at least one part of my week will not completely suck.

Didn't you mean to say "two parts", Jason? For shame.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Jason

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:16:46 AM »
Not this week.

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:51:51 AM »
I thought of you as I watched the last episode of Rome, Jason.  You, too, Laurie (wasn't it nice that Pullo survived?).

Dr. Who-wise, I see they're bringing the pig aliens back.

Jason

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:14:46 AM »
It was nice, but then I thought it was stupid that Vorenus died the way he did. Given all the crazy against-the-odds fights they'd been involved in through the years it's incredible that he'd be mortally wounded by a handful of checkpoint guards, especially when he was with Pullo. Even more incredible was that he knew he was dying and yet survived the trip from Egypt to Rome.

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »
Yeah, I thought it was pretty far-fetched that he made it home.  And it felt like he was made to die because of the rule that says complicated, flawed characters have to die to redeem themselves.  Look at it this way, though:  if it were all real, Vorenus was such a tortured soul, he was probably better off dead.

I found it somewhat silly that Atia was left as a tragic heroine, considering that she was such a greedy, shallow bitch (don't get me wrong--she was one of my favorite characters, but she was hardly noble). 

I will miss that show, but I'm glad they aren't dragging it out for another season.  It would have foundered, I think. 

Which reminds me:  I'm so glad this will be the last season of The Sopranos.  That's a show that needs to be allowed to end.

Jason

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
I will miss that show, but I'm glad they aren't dragging it out for another season.  It would have foundered, I think. 

But now we'll never find out what happened to Rome.