Author Topic: Wurster calls that fool the listeners  (Read 12632 times)

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Wurster calls that fool the listeners
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 09:24:48 AM »
I fooled myself when Nardwuar (The Human Serviette...from Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada, naturally) called in. I was convinced until re-listening days later that it was a JW character!~  :-\

haha me too - even after I saw video of him, I still wasn't sure.  :P
I'm in my late 50's.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »
I am still not sure.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
I am still not sure.

I would pay top dollar to hear Nardwuar interview Wurster. Oh, the references we would hear from both of them. There would probably be a long discussion about the bass player from A Flock of Seagulls.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »
I am still not sure.

I would pay top dollar to hear Nardwuar interview Wurster. Oh, the references we would hear from both of them. The would probably be a long discussion about the base player from A Flock of Seagulls.
I'd have to see a video of it be the one holding the boom mic to believe it.
"Dad gets mad."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »
Videos can be doctored.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Pidgeon

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
I've never met or heard a Canadian who didn't say where they're from without giving both the province and their country. It's kind of adorable.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »
I've never met or heard a Canadian who didn't say where they're from without giving both the province and their country. It's kind of adorable.

It's true. We are a quaint and adorable people.

NachoManCandySandwich

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 03:28:48 AM »
What would the gift be that Nardwuar (The Human Serviette...from Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada) gives to Wurster to break the ice? A custom tam with the Eagles logo?

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
I can't say it fooled me, but the first time I listened to the podcast I heard the start of one of Jon's calls and thought "Wait a second! This call is a fake!" and I was so annoyed I turned it off. I think I listened to one of the Gems before I got that that was the point.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
One of my favorites - a guy (NY accent but lives in S Carolina) calls in during a conversation between Tom and Pudge. The man was just flipping the dial and landed on WFMU and called in to say how dumb the other callers seemed to be. Pudge agrees even though he is clearly who the man was complaining about. Tom and Pudge rope-a-dope the guy for about 10 more minutes until he hangs up exasperated. Ring any bells?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 06:44:57 AM »
One of my favorites - a guy (NY accent but lives in S Carolina) calls in during a conversation between Tom and Pudge. The man was just flipping the dial and landed on WFMU and called in to say how dumb the other callers seemed to be. Pudge agrees even though he is clearly who the man was complaining about. Tom and Pudge rope-a-dope the guy for about 10 more minutes until he hangs up exasperated. Ring any bells?

I heard that one recently but I skip around like crazy in the archives so I can't remember what show it was. I think the caller was from Jersey originally and was in SC for some job. Tom & Pudge somehow get it in their heads that he's got his own radio show and Tom keeps trying to get him to plug his show.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Exactly, that's the one. So good. If anyone finds/remembers the episode, remind me of the date...

bachwards

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »
Exactly, that's the one. So good. If anyone finds/remembers the episode, remind me of the date...

It's from 10/17/06.  Starts at 2:27.

Pidgeon

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »

It's from 10/17/06.  Starts at 2:27.

What an ass

Kublakhan61

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »
I knew the gimmick when I first started listening so I was never fooled (though Patton got me once) but my wife... the first show I played for her included a PBR call where he mentioned the Glenn Danzig bio-pic, Some Kind Of Hate: The Glenn Danzig Story - she wiki'd it and felt pretty silly afterwards.