Author Topic: Fredericks Podcast  (Read 29993 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Fredericks Podcast
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:43:20 PM »
Taking Tom's advice I did it.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

If you enjoy what you hear, I'd appreciate it if you'd the spread word .
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

robertc

• Policemans heel
Re: Fredericks Podcast
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:32:42 AM »
It's a little edgier than what I'm used to, but I can't help but love it. I'm sure you could organize actual call-ins, what with your fot following. Maybe choose two or three guests and arrange a time slot beforehand? However, if anything gets in the way of pure, unadulterated Fredericks (and Fredericks alter-ego), cast it aside.
Also you should consider feeding that child more often.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:20 AM »
OMG Frox! I"m putting this on the ol' ipod right now ... I'll listen on the way in to work today ...
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:34:46 AM »
That link didn't work for me, Froxx.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »
Thanks Mr C and Auntie C.

I have committed myself to at least one show per month.

I have every intention of sticking to the schedule.  I took notes during Tom's critiques of podcasts - no crappy mics and no extended absences.

Your encouragement is very heartening.

Thanks again for you support.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 10:03:10 AM »
That link didn't work for me, Froxx.

You may want to try a different browser, Steve.  Safari didn't work for me at first.  Firefox worked like a charm. 

If you still have trouble hearing it let me know and I'll put it up some other way.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
Listened to this on my walk to work this morning. Good stuff, fonpr. I hope for more driving safety tips in the future.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
I listened to this on the subway this morning. I think it's that audio frequency that all the kids are getting high with now, because it melted my brain.

Better than at least 85% of the other podcasts out there! And thank you for keeping it brief.

Consider the gauntlet THROWN DOWN, Paul F. Tompkins.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
I loved it. My first though was that your AP was Lee "Scratch" Perry. He'd be all over this.
"Dad gets mad."

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »
So THIS is what would happen if Radiolab was produced in New Port Richey?  ;)

I just started it, and yes, it's definitely different than the type of podcast I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing.  I like the comments on the NPR story; I wouldn't mind hearing more of that.

I give you a huge amount of credit for not starting your first podcast with "well it's my first podcast, i'm not exactly sure what to do here," etc.  You go right into the material.  I like that.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »
Oops. Looks like your site is getting blocked here. Our blocking software is so horribly misconfigured the error message made no sense, so I retried a couple times and will probably be getting a call from HR shortly. I'll try again at home.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
Oops. Looks like your site is getting blocked here. Our blocking software is so horribly misconfigured the error message made no sense, so I retried a couple times and will probably be getting a call from HR shortly. I'll try again at home.

I appreciate your persistence, Stevie B.

To the rest of you guys: Thanks for the feedback! 
I hope you you don't mind but I'll probably capture some of the comments from here and post them on the blog. 
Hopefully they'll act as enticements for those who may wander over into my neck of the cyberspace.

Let me know if you a problem with me doing this.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
That was really interesting, fonpr. Very arts nouveau.
Doing it Mentos style.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 08:28:37 PM »
Here's a blurb for you to use, Fredericks: "This man is dangerously disturbed and should be locked up."

Kind of like how on the first Velvet Underground album cover they put all the negative quotes, to give themselves that "outlaw" edge.  I think Norman Mailer ran some print ads for one of his novels using the same idea.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

put_it_away

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
Listened on the way home from work today, fonpr. It freaked me the fuck out, but it a great way. You were definitely experimenting with audio, voicing over the voiceovers of the clips, etc, and I loved it.

And who was that damn kid in the background?