Author Topic: Fredericks Podcast  (Read 30005 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Fredericks Podcast
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
If you ever do take calls, fonpr, give me a call. I'd be honored to be on your podcast.

If ever I do take real calls you, my friend, are at the top of list.

Send my your number.

We can practice.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
Frederick's podcast reminds me of the old Blue Oyster Cult song The Revenge of Vera Gemini.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 09:32:53 AM »
Frederick's podcast reminds me of the old Blue Oyster Cult song The Revenge of Vera Gemini.

Why do you say that, Dave.?

Was that the song with Patti Smith on it?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
I get back from vacation to find that both Paul F. Tompkins and Fredericks BOTH have podcasts!? How is the earth still spinning? Is one the Yin to the others Yang? I WILL FIND OUT!
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 10:54:43 PM »
this is great fonpr! very funny.
I can hear you judging me.

Sarah

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 07:33:04 AM »
Aces, snook.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
I appreciate your attention and feedback, Chad.

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 06:45:17 PM »
Not to imply that the first episode was flawed, but this new one is so much better in every way. I am so excited to see this develop, it's already a favorite of mine.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
Not to imply that the first episode was flawed, but this new one is so much better in every way. I am so excited to see this develop, it's already a favorite of mine.

Thank you.  If iTunes ever accepts me, I 'd be mighty grateful for a few kind words in the comments.

Does using "mighty " make me sound like D-of-K-ville?

Or is it just me?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
I just listened to both episodes - very nice, Frox! It's like the aural equivalent of eating a big spicy Indian dinner & having funny  Wookie Chewbacca dreams that wake you up at 3am.

But, you know, in a good way.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
I listened to the second installment last night. Very enjoyable. I like the double Fredericks conversing.
Doing it Mentos style.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »

Why do you say that, Dave.?

Was that the song with Patti Smith on it?

It is, and I don't know why precisely, but I think it has to do with the second and sometimes third voice repeating what's on top of the mix, and those repetitions being processed in different ways, echoey, reverbed, etc.

It's a good association from me. I love that song.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
I listened to the second installment last night. Very enjoyable. I like the double Fredericks conversing.

I AM plural!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 12:29:39 AM »
To me, it calls to mind that call a couple years back when Tom put Fredericks on some kind of recursive echoing loop and an awestruck Fredericks could only stammer out "This is weird radio!!" into a heartlessly reverberant void. 
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 08:32:57 AM »
To me, it calls to mind that call a couple years back when Tom put Fredericks on some kind of recursive echoing loop and an awestruck Fredericks could only stammer out "This is weird radio!!" into a heartlessly reverberant void.

Patterns tend to repeat themselves with endless, minor variations.  Like DNA.