Author Topic: LA FOT's the Aero's 5th annual duck til dawn horrorthon saturday!  (Read 1795 times)

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
http://www.americancinematheque.com/archive1999/2010/Aero/Halloween_Horror_Aero_2010.htm#HORRORTHON

I've gone a few times and it's always a blast. this years sound's like a doozy.

Saturday, October 30 – 7:30 PM

5TH ANNUAL DUSK-TO-DAWN HORRORTHON: Spend all night at the Aero Theatre’s fifth annual Horrorthon! Complete with between-film free food, giveaways, trailers, crazy shorts and surprises!

Coffee courtesy of Peet's Coffee and Tea, Monster Energy Drink courtesy of Hansen's Beverage and prizes and giveaways courtesy of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

FRIGHT NIGHT, 1985, Sony Repertory, 106 min. Dir. Tom Holland. In this Vampire favorite, Tom Holland (CHILD’S PLAY) creates a blend of true creepiness and ‘80s horror movie fun. After seeing a coffin carried into the house next door, young Charley Brewster believes his neighbor (Chris Sarandon) is a vampire. Desperate to convince anyone, he enlists Roddy McDowell, who steals the show as the television vampire hunter who is truly a coward. Great visual effects by Richard Edlund. Trailer

DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (aka THE FORGOTTEN), 1973, Grindhouse Releasing, 89 min. Dir. S.F. Brownrigg. Before there was SHUTTER ISLAND, before there was ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST, there was this drive-in gem. A young nurse arrives at a secluded sanitarium to find that the doctor has been murdered. The new staff's odd treatment is to allow the patients to walk freely. The inmates, a crazed nymphomaniac, a paranoid Vietnam vet, the mother of a baby doll and a wild assortment of the lobotomized and the giggling begin to torment the nurse. Trailer

CANDYMAN, 1992, Sony Repertory, 99 min. Perhaps the greatest horror film of the ‘90s is this cerebral and chilling classic by director Bernard Rose, based on Clive Barker's The Forgotten. Virginia Madsen plays a grad student researching urban legends when she comes across the tale of Candyman, a frightening one-armed man who appears when you look into a mirror five times; he’s played brilliantly by Tony Todd. Score by Phillip Glass. Trailer

BLOODY BIRTHDAY, 1981, 85 MIN. Dir. Ed Hunt. Three children are born during the climax of a total eclipse. With the sun and the moon blocking Saturn, which controls emotions, the children are born heartless and cruel. They begin murdering adults and a boy and his sister become prey as they unravel the secret. Trailer

PHANTASM, 1979, 88 min. Don Coscarelli burst onto the scene with his first horror film, an eerie and totally original cult classic. Two brothers discover something evil lurks within their neighborhood cemetery and soon find themselves battling the Tall Man, one of the scariest villains in horror history, played to masterful effect by Angus Scrimm. Trailer

CEMETERY MAN (aka DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE), 1996, 105 min. Dir. Michele Soavi. Rupert Everett is Francesco Dellamorte, a lonely, romantic caretaker who needs to keep killing the undead that stubbornly rise from the graves in his cemetery. Print courtesy of the Sundance Collection at the UCLA Film & Television Archive. In Italian with English subtitles. Trailer Special Horrorthon prices: General $20, Student/Senior $18, Members $15 - includes all-night snacks. No passes. Buy Tickets

yeah I know i misspelled "dusk" as "duck" in the subject......I'm gonna leave it.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.