Author Topic: Movies people are/are not looking forward to in 2011  (Read 35591 times)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: Movies people are/are not looking forward to in 2011
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2012, 10:58:29 PM »
Attack the Block is the only thing I saw from his top ten list, but it was pretty great.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2012, 03:08:40 AM »
I saw Red State and he is being generous putting it on a list of "films" much less a top ten. I like the recent use of the word puzzling because that is a good word to describe it. And listening to Smith's WTF interview where he is like "You fuckers thought I could only do comedy, well look at this!" just baffles me more. Is he that clueless?

Some of you have see it too, right. Isn't it like frustratingly bad?

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2012, 04:14:38 AM »
It's terrible.

Kormod

« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2012, 04:25:51 AM »
I tried to give Red State a go, but turned it off after a half hour because it was really dumb and bad. Not sure what I was thinking by attempting to watch that. But, really, some of the other stuff Tarantino likes makes Red State look like a masterpiece.

Even though I don't agree with most of what Tarantino's has to say about movies, his view of himself as a public intellectual (which requires him to steeple his fingers whenever he talks about movies) is too amusing not to like. I'm looking forward to this side of him going into overdrive 15-20 years from now, when he retires from directing films and becomes a "man of letters" (as he's promised to do in recent interviews).