Author Topic: Get free tickets for next week to John Oliver's Stand up special  (Read 2189 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
From Jen Kirkman's FB page - I went to one of these before and they're awesome -

http://www.theblacklistnyc.com/johnoliver

Friday, Saturday & Sunday - January 14-16
NYU's Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts (map)
Stand-up Comedian and Daily Show correspondent, John Oliver, hosts a unique series of stand-up comedy shows for Comedy Central which feature some of America's most influential stand-up stars and great upcoming comics. Season 2 is sure to be amazing. Headliners this year include Greg Behrendt, Pete Holmes, Al Madrigal and Maria Bamford as well as these great comics Brendon Walsh, Kyle Kinane, Anthony Jeselnik, Marina Franklin, Jen Kirkman, Deon Cole, Mike Lawrence, Kumail Nanjiani, Rory Albanese, Glenn Wool, Moshe Kasher, Rory Scovel plus more tbd...
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Get free tickets for next week to John Oliver's Stand up special
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:32:50 AM »
I signed up. If anyone else is going, let's meet up. She posted:

I’m Performing For Free & On TV in NYC Next Weekend. Come!

I will be performing on the late show, Saturday January 15th, 2011 on a live TV taping (for Comedy Central) of John Oliver’s New York Stand-up Special. He’s the host.

All you have to do to get FREE TICKETS is go to this website and then do what I say:

http://www.theblacklistnyc.com/johnoliver

Click on “any show” but then in the drop down list indicate that the performer named “Jen Kirkman” referred you. That’s me.

Come out and show Comedy Central that I have people who will represent!!!

Oh! And the show is being filmed at NYU’s Skirball Center. So go here to figure out how to get there. http://skirballcenter.nyu.edu/
Doing it Mentos style.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 12:03:11 AM »
Well, I ended up getting tickets for tonight and it was awesome. I thought by selecting Jen Kirkman that we were going to see Jen Kirkman but I guess you had to select Saturday and Jen Kirkman so, didn't get to see Southie. :(

That being said... so much fun. John Oliver is hilarious and endearing. He's a great story teller and if I could go see him again I would. My friend and I had a lot of fun and laughed a lot.
Doing it Mentos style.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 01:34:36 AM »
I'm listening to the podcast from June with Johns Hodgman and Oliver.  Comedy gods!

If John Hodgman ran NPR the NPR people who listen now would still listen, but a lot more people would listen just for the subversiveness.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!