Author Topic: Modern Butlers  (Read 7582 times)

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
Re: Modern Butlers
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 11:12:49 AM »
If only the H-Man had had that information, how different things might be today.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
My friend wanted to start a Kickstarter account so I could attend the Starkey International butler school that the website frequently cites as the best educational facility for prospective butlers.

Also: I found this on the Butlers' Pantry section of The Butler's Blog.

My employer recently returned from a shooting weekend and informed me that many of his fellow guests had commented on how exceptionally smart and shiny his shoes were. I was delighted by the compliment.

There are then a few paragraphs explaining the best ways to shine the shoe's of a social better. It's very helpful.

Now I'd like to hear/read a butler's commentary on the "Go get yer shinebox!" scene in Goodfellas. Probably a horrified "Why has he not yet retrieved his bootblacking kit?" stance.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
Where do they stand on dogsbodies?
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

AaronC

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 01:40:28 PM »
They seem to be very polite and accomodating. You have to wonder what they do to cut loose after a long day of butling.

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »
It seems to be inactive, but I somehow ended up at a similarly weird internet community:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-853.html
We have had numerous reports (reported-posts) about the rash of haircutting-videos that have been posted here at LHC. While we understand that the general reason these are posted is to "share the horror and we all band together to say how disappointing it is when long hair is shorn", the reality of it is that the vast majority of such videos exist for the sole purpose of gratification (yes, THAT sort of gratification, Grandma) and when WE link to them, the people who post them then can follow-back to our site. I can guarantee you that you don't want the video-owner to follow you back here, and neither do we.

There is a dark underbelly to such videos, and it's the exact sort of folks we don't want hanging around here, stealing our pictures and preying on our members.

For this reason, we have had to update the guidelines (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/index.php?page=tos). Please note that we are no longer allowing the linking of haircutting videos here unless the videos/pictures meet two specific criteria:

1) The video or picture is for the express purpose of demonstrating a styling technique or achieving a certain hairstyle,
AND
2) The video is not voyeuristic in nature, does not glorify the cutting of hair and also does not make the "customer" (the one getting the haircut) appear in any way to be a victim.

Greggulator

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
I think you stumbled on their archive.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/

This looks REALLY active and something I will be posting on at some point tonight, despite having short hair.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 06:06:55 PM »
I like the way the English say "vallit" rawthah than "val-ay."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »
They seem to be very polite and accommodating. You have to wonder what they do to cut loose after a long day of butling.

This is why you don't want a sassy butler like G.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 10:04:26 PM »
My friend wanted to start a Kickstarter account so I could attend the Starkey International butler school that the website frequently cites as the best educational facility for prospective butlers.

Also: I found this on the Butlers' Pantry section of The Butler's Blog.

My employer recently returned from a shooting weekend and informed me that many of his fellow guests had commented on how exceptionally smart and shiny his shoes were. I was delighted by the compliment.

There are then a few paragraphs explaining the best ways to shine the shoe's of a social better. It's very helpful.

Butler school could be a good alternative for you if you don't get the gig as Tom's protege. It's good to have a plan B in life.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
I expected the butler forum to be just a bunch of threads bashing Fonzworth Bentley.