Author Topic: Billy Joel Message Board -- Why Did Liberty Quit The Band?  (Read 6927 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Billy Joel Message Board -- Why Did Liberty Quit The Band?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »
I didn't know Ms. Z. Deschanel was something of an FOT.  I will use that opening instead, or, more likely, I'll follow LA rules and just not acknowledge that anyone famous is present.

AFK still speaks breathlessly of the day at Bonnaroo when he got within about 50 feet of her.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »
I didn't know Ms. Z. Deschanel was something of an FOT.  I will use that opening instead, or, more likely, I'll follow LA rules and just not acknowledge that anyone famous is present.

AFK still speaks breathlessly of the day at Bonnaroo when he got within about 50 feet of her.

I got within 4 feet of Bill Clinton but there were still about 50 people crammed inbetween us.  And, despite Mr. Clinton's reputation, there was nothing untoward going on at the time.  That I knew of.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »

I saw her too. Though as dumb as it sounds, I was more excited to see M Ward. She is stunning though. I remember Terre T calling up when Tom was talking about product placement mentioning Zooey in a cotton commercial and mentioning She & Him in a way that showed favor.

Sarah

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 07:08:08 PM »
I got within 4 feet of Bill Clinton but there were still about 50 people crammed inbetween us.  And, despite Mr. Clinton's reputation, there was nothing untoward going on at the time.  That I knew of.

You'd probably forgotten to wear your thong.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »

You'd probably forgotten to wear your thong.

This is one of those "have you stopped beating your wife" questions, isn't it?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 12:17:46 AM »
I didn't know Ms. Z. Deschanel was something of an FOT. 

Well, she is married to former WaWa Records recording artist Ben Gibbard.

Moment of silence for these crazy kids.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 10:15:16 AM »
There's a chance - a moderate chance - that I might run into Zoe Deschanel where I've been spending time.  My go to line would be, "I love your work on Bones!"

Even though I've never seen the show, and she and her sister don't look anything alike to me, and it's not funny.

It might be more awkward if you told here "you looked so cute with that magenta hair color you rocked in 'Scott Pilgrim Versus the World.'"
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
I didn't know Ms. Z. Deschanel was something of an FOT. 

Nor did I. But somehow I'm not surprised at all...

Yeah, but with the fifty or so people between you and Bill... Well, you could only see him from the waist up, right?

I remember Terre T calling up when Tom was talking about product placement mentioning Zooey in a cotton commercial and mentioning She & Him in a way that showed favor.

Does She & Him have any recorded output? As I recall she sang in "Elf" and had a decent voice...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »
I have an MP3 of a song called "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"