Author Topic: Who is the comedy-hack Tom's been bashing on Twitter?!?! - Official Guess Thread  (Read 30318 times)

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
Did Ghostbuster get omitted from that list too?

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
I remember a line from Groundhog Day, which was directed and co-written by Harold Ramis, being accepted onto that list.

Furthermore, I take offense of the scare quotes around legend when discussing Ramis.  Sure, the guy's directorial resume isn't the strongest list of credits, but he was Egon Spangler, was at one point apart of SCTV and he made Groundhog Day.  That's enough for me to give the guy his due.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
I doubt it was Ramis. I seem to remember a comment from Tom about this guy kissing up to people, and Ramis hasn't had to kiss up to anybody since the 80s.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
Harold Ramis as Mo Green in Dialing for Dollars was classic stuff.

nec13

• Space Champion!
It's Mike Francesa.

/thread closed.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Guy Whitey Corngood

• Plantar Fasciitis
I only put Ramis in quotes because Tom used the word. I have respect for him and his career.
Wait Whaaaaaaa[Phone Buttons being pressed]aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?!

Zach

• Plantar Fasciitis
My guess is Scott Aukerman

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis

I don't think it's Scott Aukerman, but since you brought it up, what's the deal with that guy? He gets all these amazing people on CDR but always steps all over their jokes.   His own jokes sound deliberately bad, like a dad telling jokes to a 5 year old. The unfunny comedian thing, the irony of the bad joke, I get it, but every week for years and years? Has he ever been actually funny?

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
This thread is just turning into a excuse for people to project their own dislike of a certain comedian or comedy writer onto Tom. Furthermore, I get the feeling that some people have already guessed who was being referred to correctly.  So please: because Tom can't really confirm anything and because this thread has the potential to be seen by the wrong people, let's stop stoking this fire and let the very transparent mystery be.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
This thread is just turning into a excuse for people to project their own dislike of a certain comedian or comedy writer onto Tom. Furthermore, I get the feeling that some people have already guessed who was being referred to correctly.  So please: because Tom can't really confirm anything and because this thread has the potential to be seen by the wrong people, let's stop stoking this fire and let the very transparent mystery be.

So sayeth Rhymes with Dodney Ding!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!

I don't like anybody, so I've avoided guessing.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

yesno

• Space Champion!

I don't think it's Scott Aukerman, but since you brought it up, what's the deal with that guy? He gets all these amazing people on CDR but always steps all over their jokes.   His own jokes sound deliberately bad, like a dad telling jokes to a 5 year old. The unfunny comedian thing, the irony of the bad joke, I get it, but every week for years and years? Has he ever been actually funny?

He's very funny on stage.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
Who was that funny southern lady who always had the price tag hanging from her hat?  I think it's her.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel

So sayeth Rhymes with Dodney Ding!

Hey, aren't you suppose to be a nice guy, Dave From Knoxville?

But really-- just change this thread to "Comedians We Don't Like" and it'll be more accurately portrayed.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
But really-- just change this thread to "Comedians We Don't Like" and it'll be more accurately portrayed.

Or just keep it to yourself and start a thread called "Comedian We Love." Because I rather be told who to check out than who to stay away from. Less time.