Author Topic: The Art of The Ultimate Warrior  (Read 5855 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Art of The Ultimate Warrior
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:29 AM »
There was only one Ultimate Warrior. He was at one point called The Dingo Warrior in another promotion before going to the WWF.

WCW was trying to sign The Ultimate Warrior when he wasn't with the WWF (since he's obviously a legitimate lunatic) for one of their pay-per-views. They couldn't get the deal done so they found some wrestler who kind of looked like him, dressed him up, and named him Renegade. The crowd saw right through it and booed him off the stage.

Renegade ended up killing himself a few years after WCW dumped him.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Pidgeon

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 01:09:36 AM »
There was only one Ultimate Warrior. He was at one point called The Dingo Warrior in another promotion before going to the WWF.

WCW was trying to sign The Ultimate Warrior when he wasn't with the WWF (since he's obviously a legitimate lunatic) for one of their pay-per-views. They couldn't get the deal done so they found some wrestler who kind of looked like him, dressed him up, and named him Renegade. The crowd saw right through it and booed him off the stage.

Renegade ended up killing himself a few years after WCW dumped him.

I vaguely remember someone in the chat, or on the forum, mentioning an urban legend they heard as a kid about the Ultimate Warrior dying and being replaced by someone that looked like him. That had to have been a twisted/exaggerated take on what you say happened.

Greggulator

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »
Gregg, hello.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure 5' by 5' would work...I would have to see the image of what you would like done. If the image works for an exact square, we could go with it, but, usually, this is not the case. A more rectangular canvas might work better.

I also need to see the image to know if watercolors would work over the oils, especially at that size. You won;t find too many watercolor portraits at that size because the intensity of watercolors, at that size, does not match the intensity and richness you can get out of oils -- and with the way I use my knife, a portrait at that size would EXPLODE off the canvas, I can promise you that.

The price for something that size would not be cheap, no less than a few thousand dollars, probably even more. I can know from looking at the image. My 42 x70 INCH oil/knife portrait canvases sale for between 5K and 10K..

Let me know.

Always Believe,

Warrior

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:50 PM »
holy shit.  I'm ordering something. a few thousand dollars for 5'x5'?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
Why the emphasis on "INCH"?  42 x 70 INCH as opposed to what?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Greggulator

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »
I'm thinking of starting a Kickstarter thing to fund this project. Would you give?

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »

I'm not sure 5' by 5' would work...

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »

I'm not sure 5' by 5' would work...

I would contribute to a 42 x 70 FOOT portrait, if only to keep him from producing any other art for awhile.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!