Author Topic: Hate Pit Nominee  (Read 11983 times)

Pidgeon

Re: Hate Pit Nominee
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
That's specifically a "white" thing?

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 03:53:59 PM »
Charlie Sheen, Gilbert Godfried, Bret Michaels, Gary Busey, Nick Nolte, Randy Quaid, Michael Richards, Ben Weasel.....

Pidgeon

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »
Charlie Sheen is Hispanic.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:43 PM »
He sure shouldn't have played a show he didnt feel was worth his time, but apparently when he agreed to do it he thought it was free for the fans.

I don't think it's a good thing he did, just wanted to point out the clip that's circulating doesn't have all the context.

Since record sales collapsed, guys like him who hate touring have no choice. It makes for some anger I guess.

Sarah

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
Charlie Sheen is Hispanic.

His paternal grandfather was born in Spain, his paternal grandmother was born in Ireland, and his mother's maiden name is Templeton, so . . . 

Pidgeon

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »
So yeah, I guess not.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »
When Tom moves to Minnesota, drains Lake Wobegon and converts it into a vast Hate Pit, the inaugural inhabitant should be Victoria Jackson.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b231997_former_snl_player_disses_glee_in.html
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Pidgeon

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »
When Tom moves to Minnesota, drains Lake Wobegon and converts it into a vast Hate Pit, the inaugural inhabitant should be Victoria Jackson.

Putting a gay kiss scene in a show that you have the option not to watch is "shoving the gay thing down our throats."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 04:03:33 PM »

Putting a gay kiss scene in a show that you have the option not to watch is "shoving the gay thing down our throats."

How bitter VJ must be to have a moniker like "former SNL player"! Also no foresight whatsoever - if she had approached and embraced The Gays, her dingy broad persona should've made her a favorite.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
Ugh... I stopped reading at "Gleek" - which was maybe the fifth word. 

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 07:15:32 PM »

This metaphor is much funnier when male homophobes use it, but still.

if she had approached and embraced The Gays, her dingy broad persona should've made her a favorite.

That's a persona?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Pidgeon

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
"The Gays" sounds like a band that Phil Spector would have produced for.

benjo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:26 AM »
I also did not hear the show, but would like to bring to the floor the suggestion made during the marathon that Tosh.O be added to the hate pit.

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »
I vote Dave Grohl for hatepit abodee.  Saw Lemmy last night, and of all the dumb rockers in that movie, Grohl was by far the dorkiest. 
Even at 63, in his tight pants and high heels, Lemmy is, and will always be a god.  Let's put this dude on the love hill.
veni dixie vici

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
I vote Dave Grohl for hatepit abodee.  Saw Lemmy last night, and of all the dumb rockers in that movie, Grohl was by far the dorkiest. 
Even at 63, in his tight pants and high heels, Lemmy is, and will always be a god.  Let's put this dude on the love hill.
Synchronicity again.  I watched this last night as well, Fletch.  On VHS!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."