Author Topic: A nice story about nature. (Really!)  (Read 1985 times)

Grimlock

A nice story about nature. (Really!)
« on: April 21, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
So...

Our newish black kitten T has decided that he doesn't like to share the litter box with our queen cat M, so he decided to piss in an unused box of Heineken. My wife threw the box out on the fire escape to be dealt with at a later date (pissed-upon wet cardboard is nasty!)

So, a few days later, we hear a russlin' on the fire escape. We have a band of gross opossums who gurgle about out there (my wife feeds them scraps, unfortunately) so thought perhaps it was an opossum war, but no!

Someone has been stealing bits of the pissed upon Heineken box!

Who is this mad culprit?

It's squirrels.

They're ripping the box apart to make little squirrel houses.

Little squirrel houses made out of cat piss.

There's irony here somewhere.

Sarah

Re: A nice story about nature. (Really!)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
Maybe it's a clever ruse on the squirrels' part:  since their nests will be imbued with the smell of cat piss, perhaps other predators will steer clear?

On the subject of beast woes, I'm sad to report that the larger of the two boxer pups (who is actually, I think, a pit bull-boxer mix) has started dry-humping my old lady dog in a very determined fashion.  This precocity is disturbing, especially linked to his unfortunate discovery that he can escape from my dog pen.  This last is particularly tiresome:  as soon as the temperature hits 40 (hell, sometimes I'll leave it open for a bit when it's only 20, as long as there's no wind), I like to leave my back door open all the time, so that dogs and cats can leave and enter the house at will.  Now, since I have to tied one puppy up, no one can enjoy this luxury.

It's at times like this that I wish beasts could exercise a little more reason.  If only Casper realized that, by staying in the pen, he could at least have a fair degree of limited freedom.  But, no, instead he must be tethered, and everyone else must suffer as well.

Oh well.  The puppies' person and his niece just took them off for a walk, so I  can enjoy a few hours' break.  Maybe the cats will even come in to say hello.