Author Topic: help with a survey  (Read 3170 times)

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
help with a survey
« on: April 13, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
I'm doing an exploratory survey on searching behavior as it relates to library OPAC's (Online Public Access Catalgoues) and internet search engines.  If anyone will take this survey or pass it on I would greatly appreciate it.  It's confidential, not for profit, and will help me further my education.  And should take 5 minutes or less to fill out.
Thanks!

http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=IHNMLH_d65411b9

(I put it here since there is a link involved, and it might get buried by new business in General Discussion. Hope its not an annoyance.)
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Sarah

Re: help with a survey
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:49:54 AM »

Keith Whitener

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
I think Question 14 has some confusing info. Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorers are browsers and not search engines, so this might throw off your participants.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »
14. What search engine do you most frequently use?

not that it matters, but you listed some browsers rather than search engines.

ben

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »
Thanks!  I will make that change about the browsers.  I am not smart about that stuff.

I've got plenty of responses, many thanks to everyone who helped.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
Done! Now you OWE me.

Kim Kelly

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »
do you want your fellow library students to take this? because i might skew some of your results!
Too soon?

ben

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 01:23:13 AM »
do you want your fellow library students to take this? because i might skew some of your results!

Please do!  It's for a research methods for librarians class - as much data I have to work with and present graphically the better.  And any problems or issues you find with the survey so I can modify it or suggest improvements would be great too.

Julie

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:38 AM »
I took the survey and tried not to lie.  ;)
I have a long history of booing

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »
i did it.  that was fun!  good luck ben!

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 12:51:32 PM »
Took it. 

Question 14 is still problematic.  If you're going to ask about "browsers/search engines" in one question (and I am not sure why you're collapsing them), you need to use check boxes instead of radio buttons. Otherwise, respondents have to make a false choice between (e.g.) Google and Firefox. I for one open up Firefox to browse the web and I use Google as my search engine within Firefox.  All of your respondents likely need to select at least two items on your list.

Sorry to be picky, but my background is steeped in both usability and survey design!

"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

ben

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
Yeah, I know.  I have an undergraduate degree in stats and should have been more careful.  I'm just going to throw that question out.  Thanks for the input! 

amazingjourney

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
Survey...completed.

How many FOTs are aspiring library scientists?

ben

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »
Survey...completed.

How many FOTs are aspiring library scientists?

Are you an aspiring library scientist?

amazingjourney

• Policemans heel
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 11:29:04 PM »
I am not, but I think you combined with Laurie from Miami, made me think this was some kind of trend.