Author Topic: Big Audio Dynamite at Roseland. (Videos added!)  (Read 1881 times)

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Big Audio Dynamite at Roseland. (Videos added!)
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150172922023401.296212.560743400&l=61e0029ba0

Big Audio Dynamite played a great show at Roseland tonight. I hadn't seen BAD in about 20 years and they were in fine form. It was great in particular to see front man Mick Jones. He is a fine guitarist. Watching him made me think of all those great riffs he did on those early Clash (his first and better known band) that rip through you like a buzzsaw.
This was pretty much the original line up of BAD which included famed film maker Don Letts (Third World Cop). They performed many of my favorites including E=MC2, Bottom Line, and Rush.

How time goes by. I realized that is was just 30 years ago that I saw Mick and his mates in the Clash perform just a few blocks from Roseland at Bonds. They played over two weeks of shows at Bonds which was unheard of. That Clash on Broadway.

Great Show Mick .

Big Audio Dynamite - The Bottom Line
BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE - E=MC2
Big Audio Dynamite - Come On Every Beatbox
Big Audio Dynamite - RUSH

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
Re: Big Audio Dynamite at Roseland.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
I apologize to whatever band member this is, but I just can't stop myself:

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »
Also, who would have predicted in '79 that Mick Jones and Donald Fagen's looks (if not their music) would converge so neatly?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 12:19:54 AM »
I apologize to whatever band member this is, but I just can't stop myself:

That's Don Letts. Famed filmaker and colaberator with all things Clash. He directed the Jamaican thriller "Third World Cop."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Big Audio Dynamite at Roseland. (Videos added!)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
Oh, my god.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?