Author Topic: The Cars At Roseland Ballroom NYC, 5/23/11  (Read 1223 times)

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
The Cars At Roseland Ballroom NYC, 5/23/11
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150204499073401.316824.560743400&l=97ca89ada5

The Cars played tonight at Roseland. Their performance was fine. They performed a good amount of hits starting out with Let the Good Times Roll and finishing up with Just What I Needed a lot in between including numbers from their new album Move Like This. There are actually some good songs on that including a little jem called Blue Tip.
I hadn't seen the Cars in years. The last time I saw them they were opening for Cheap Trick at the Palladium touring behind their first album. I wrote a review of that show for a Brooklyn College paper in which I paraphrased the Rolling Stone saying "I have seen the future of rock and roll and it is the Cars and Cheap Trick."
Was I far off?
A word about the venue, Roseland. It was packed from wall to wall making for a fairly unpleasant experience. Standing in the middle of a sea of humanity, hot as hell, with people weaving all around just sux. When the audience becomes a distraction because they are in your face or on top of your feet it just becomes a drag. My guess is that Roseland oversold.
There are better venues, I would have rather have seen The Cars at Radio City or The Beacon. Sue me, I'm old and I like to sit through my shows.