Author Topic: The Southern Gentlemen  (Read 8257 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: The Southern Gentlemen
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
Gentlemen, if you three would indulge me, I would sincerely like to take a crack at writing a spec script for your approval.

Hey, I am willing to steal anybody's work. Vision me!

Kormod

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
When I am giving tests, I often play with anagrams to pass the time between accusing them of cheating. Today I figured out this one. "dave jason fredericks" to "a vicar defends jokers". Who's the vicar, and what did we do to need defending?

Hodgman plays the vicar and you three were mistaken for three bank robbers.  The vicar knows you're innocent and is hiding you from the posse that's after you by dressing you as nuns.

I'm just trying to figure out why an English vicar is in the South and why he has nuns' habits.  And if Hodgman can do a British accent.

It's a lovely thought, rife with cross references to The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Passion of Joan of Arc, and Going My Way. I kinda had the idea that we might try to do a subtle parody of a little known but highly regarded intellectually powerful film like Au Hasard Balthazar, a variation loaded with physical slapstick and evocative images summoning ruminations on the meaning of life and the existence of God. We already have our central animal image motif, the mighty possum.

Imagine Curly and Larry discussing dispensationalism, using their distinct speaking cadences and limited vocabularies, sprinkling in some verbal non-sequitars and cutting in some images unrelated to what they are saying to give the critics something to chew on, when suddenly Moe hits one of them with a tire iron, and you're close to my vision.

This made me laugh out loud. Someone please make this movie.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
Gentlemen, if you three would indulge me, I would sincerely like to take a crack at writing a spec script for your approval.

Just remember, we are contractually obligated to include one song sung by Col. Tom Scharpling & one bear attack in every production. Be sure to work each in there somehow.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »

Just remember, we are contractually obligated to include one song sung by Col. Tom Scharpling & one bear attack in every production. Be sure to work each in there somehow.

Carson McCullers by way of Werner Herzog.  Got it.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »

Carson McCullers by way of Werner Herzog.  Got it.
What species is the bear?

These things matter.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
What species is the bear?

These things matter.

Probably a black bear or whatever's cheapest. Maybe even a big dog that we "bear-up."

I don't work with grizzlies.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:46 AM »
Fine.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fonpr

• Space Champion!

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 04:59:28 AM »
In Australia we say:
'' See you all later''     formal
'' See ya all later''        friendly
'' See yous or yus all later''   over - friendly
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »
In Australia we say:
'' See you all later''     formal
'' See ya all later''        friendly
'' See yous or yus all later''   over - friendly

Down south we frequently reply to any variation on this with "Not if ah see ya'll furrrrrst".