Author Topic: Wildwood, NJ  (Read 2363 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Wildwood, NJ
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »
I'm not sure if this was ever posted here but this is the trailer to a documentary called WILDWOOD, NJ.

The Jersey Shore TV show does, IMO, capture a slice of life of Seaside Heights (which has always been known as Sleazeside). The more accurate version of the life of the Northern Jersey Shore area was the MTV True Life episode that followed "Tommy Cheeseballs" around.

However, Wildwood is a completely different animal than Seaside -- the North Jersey Guido's natural habitat ends at Atlantic City. Anything south of AC is a Philly/South Jersey/Jersey Shore NATIVE dominated-area, which is a completely different breed of human garbage. Ocean City and Sea Isle and Avalon tend to be average college kid party zones. However, Wildwood is completely different -- tt's a lot more "Notre Dame logo tatted onto the calf of a man who can barely read" and "I have broken a beer bottle and used the jagged edges in a hate crime.".

I spent many a summer night during my college years sleeping on scabies-infested floors in Wildwood (frequently in the house of a guy who drove the legendary "Watch the tram care please"). The documentary came out in '94 which was a bit before my time, but I can personally attest to its accuracy.

Highlights from Wildwood, N.J.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: Wildwood, NJ
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:42:53 AM »
I went to Wildwood in 1994 and had such a terrible time that I cried.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
I only wish Cops had spent more time at the various locales of the Jersey Shore and less time in unidentifiable Southern trailer parks.

Also, while I've forced the subject in where it doesn't belong, Florida is not the South, except for the panhandle, which is, admittedly, the worst part.

I feel responsible for North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Virginia, DC and Maryland.  Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama and for God's sake Texas can defend themselves.

That girl who beat up all the other girls didn't seem so bad on the surface.  Dangerous people should be easier to spot.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »
Dangerous people should be easier to spot.

I agree.
Perhaps there should be some easy to identify markings.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
Perhaps some kind of symbol sewn to their clothing.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:15 PM »
Perhaps some kind of symbol sewn to their clothing.
Exactly!  Or maybe a stamp on their neck.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
Better, a tattoo.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
Better, a tattoo.

It's different every night, and every night, it's different.

Greggulator

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
That girl who talks about beating everyone RULES.

That final scene where she picks up a ringing payphone and knows who it is and then that person ignores her is one of the best things ever.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

wood and iron

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 12:57:48 AM »
Wildwood has this association in my brain forever with the late 80s and early 90s mostly to do with my aunt and my cousins. I've never been to Wildwood myself but my aunt's family would go there and I can still see in my head the pictures I saw of them there: my older cousin in his mullet-like hairstyle smiling awkwardly while wearing smallish red bathing shorts, my younger cousin wearing a Spuds Mackenzie t-shirt with a smile showing the teeth that he would soon lose due to neglect. And of course, there was my aunt: hair teased out and sprayed stiff, bleached blonde, multiple fake gold chains and rings on every finger.

And these people are from smack dab in the center of the Coal Region of PA.

I was at Ocean City last summer and was thoroughly bored. OC, MD is where it's at, as far as I'm concerned.