Author Topic: Guest suggestion -- James McNew  (Read 3099 times)

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Guest suggestion -- James McNew
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:20:34 PM »
Not that you need any suggestions, but how about James McNew as a guest.  He's a great musician,a  FOT and funny guy.  Just watched the Parking Lot Movie and he came to mind for a guest.

Paul DeLouisiana

Re: Guest suggestion -- James McNew
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:26:43 PM »
Or Ira. I hear he hangs out by the back door and sneaks in sometimes.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 01:49:19 AM »
There is a crazy Best Show trivia fact about James McNew and his being live - and completely silent! - in the studio for a famous moment in the program's history!

I won't say what it was!

Tom.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
Am I the only one who gets a kick out of Tom's wonderfully positive posts?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
What makes me laugh is he signs his name with a period, so it's like a sentence. Tom.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
He's like the anti @MattAlbie60

not that clay

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
Not that you need any suggestions, but how about James McNew as a guest.  He's a great musician,a  FOT and funny guy.  Just watched the Parking Lot Movie and he came to mind for a guest.

That is a great idea. Ask him to play some Dump songs! Dump needs exposure! I love those records.

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »

That is a great idea. Ask him to play some Dump songs! Dump needs exposure! I love those records.

When I saw Yo La Tengo about 5 months ago on their "Spin-the-wheel" tour, the woman who came up on stage to spin the wheel spouted out "God, I hope it lands on anything but Dump." This got a bunch of boos from the audience including one from me. Of course, when she spun the wheel, it landed on Dump. James leaned into the mic and gave out a nice little, "Suck it!" It was great. So was the Dump set.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »
I think I detected a few muffled chuckles...

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »

When I saw Yo La Tengo about 5 months ago on their "Spin-the-wheel" tour, the woman who came up on stage to spin the wheel spouted out "God, I hope it lands on anything but Dump." This got a bunch of boos from the audience including one from me. Of course, when she spun the wheel, it landed on Dump. James leaned into the mic and gave out a nice little, "Suck it!" It was great. So was the Dump set.

Ian McLagan & The Dump Band - All Or Nothing
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."