Author Topic: July 25 Chicago - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists  (Read 4488 times)

chicagovol

• Plantar Fasciitis
July 25 Chicago - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
« on: July 16, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are part of the Free Concert Monday series at Millennium Park on July 25th in case anyone wants to meet up and get Chicago to do it.

michaelpichael

• Policemans heel
Re: July 25 Chicago - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
I'll be going to meet a friend for her birthday picnic, but I'd love to meet my first real-life FOT. Any other takers? Maybe Ted will visit our blanket?

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »

Any FOT's going to Ted's show on Tuesday at the Fireside? I just snagged a ticket yesterday before they sold out for good.

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
I tried getting a ticket when I heard there were more available, I was unsuccessful.  I'll probably be going to the free show though.

Flick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
I will be at the Millennium Park show.

jimakaclark

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
I will be at the show... I will be handing out fliers for my band's show on 7/29 afterwards.  Look for me on the western exit ramp...
Here's the facebook event for my show. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133949173352506
flyoverstateband.com
IT'd be great to have some FOT come out for the gig.  I'll be handing out fliers after the Fireside Bowl gig and wicker park fest.

chicagovol

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
For those who got Fireside Bowl Tickets, congrats. I am meeting up with some people I met at Pitchfork on Sunday. Will be on the lookout for FOTs.

timmx

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
I'll be at Millenium Park tonight with my WFMU shirt on and my kids (ages 5 & 3) will be there too.

chicagovol

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »
I will have MST3k shirt and blue and grey. Nice weather at least for the show.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »
I'd never heard them play most of the songs on Tyranny so the show was a lot of fun.

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:33 AM »

Bummed that i missed the Tyranny10 show last night but I'm hopeful that tonight's show will erase that bad taste out of my mouth.

jimakaclark

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »
the internet works!  someone actually found me at the ted leo show.  passed out all the fliers so won't be at fireside tonight.  but come check me out friday night at metro.  music starts at 9!

liz_noise

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 01:16:32 PM »
I'm a long-time Ted Leo fan (used to see Chisel at Brownies and The Cooler way back when) but I am not entirely familiar with the Tyranny of Distance album. Can someone tell me what the name of the cover song was that he played? And is that cover song found on the album? I'm stumped. Thanks!

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
I'm a long-time Ted Leo fan (used to see Chisel at Brownies and The Cooler way back when) but I am not entirely familiar with the Tyranny of Distance album. Can someone tell me what the name of the cover song was that he played? And is that cover song found on the album? I'm stumped. Thanks!

My guess is that TLRx played Split Enz's "Six Months in a Leaky Boat," which is where the album title comes from.  Perhaps someone who actually attended this show can confirm my guess!

A solo Ted cover of the song is on the Tell Balgeary, Balgury Is Dead EP.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »

The cover from the Fireside show last night?

Are you talking about the solo cover he did fairly early in to the set where he was just sort of dicking around? If so, that was Billy Bragg’s “Between The Wars.”

But if you're talking about during the encore sandwiched between "Timorous Me" and "Little Dawn" it was "Angelfuck" by the Misfits.

This show left me without hearing. It was so loud. These old ears can't take that volume...