Author Topic: Funny Lou Reed interview  (Read 2945 times)

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Funny Lou Reed interview
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:27:45 AM »

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Funny Lou Reed interview
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
Okay, now I'm seeing all his interviews are like that.

http://www.spin.com/articles/spin-interview-lou-reed?page=0%2C0

What an asshole!  But funny nevertheless.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 04:04:41 AM »
What an asshole!  But funny nevertheless.
God, he is horrible.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:27:02 AM »
Excuse me if this is too obvious, but I hope you've read the Lester Bangs interviews with Lou.  It's like the most hysterically venomous old-married-couple matchup in history.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
Too bad he's an ass (which I've known for some time). "Heroin" remains one of my favorite songs (and has been for nearly forty years), and I still love Berlin above much else.  And that's naming only two things he's done that are important to me. 

I would enjoy seeing Lou Reed and Billy Bob Thornton interviewed together.  Maybe interviewing each other.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
And yet magazines and websites keep printing pieces about these contentious interviews. If they would just stop, I bet no one would really miss him; he would either learn to live without press (and the attendant sales/royalties that relationship creates), or he would learn to behave like a decent human being. I say drop dead, Lou, I have the records from the early days, I don't need you being a shit-heel to enjoy them, and there's been no need to purchase one since Magic and Loss.

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
That's the last one I bought!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »
I think there's some great stuff on Ecstasy, but am not gonna be the schmuck who suggests anyone else go buy it.

He was fairly unassholic on Elvis Costello's teevee show, maybe because EC's a fellow musician, I dunno. Looked like hell, though.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »
Tom's take on Lou Reed and Elvis Costello over- and under-singing "Perfect Day" was grand.

Of his later stuff, I liked New York, Set the Twilight Reeling and Magic & Loss.  I don't think I gave anything a listen past that.  I thought Set the Twilight Reeling was underrated at the time.

I should try Ecstasy.  Of course, his best output was on Metal Machine Music, although I think Side 3 is so much better than the others that they become unlistenable by comparison.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!