Author Topic: MP3 Archive?  (Read 3832 times)

jimswanson

• Policemans heel
MP3 Archive?
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »
Sorry to bring this up again, as I know this area has been mined before on the board, but I'm wondering if archives of The Best Show are available in mp3 format? The old threads on this board all contain some sort of reference to someone posting instructions on how to convert them to mp3, then getting chastised for publicly explaining and subsequently deleting the message. I understand that WFMU can't have downloadable content for licensing reasons, so if anyone has any helpful instructions feel free to private message me!

Thanks

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: MP3 Archive?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:20 AM »
Sorry to bring this up again, as I know this area has been mined before on the board, but I'm wondering if archives of The Best Show are available in mp3 format? The old threads on this board all contain some sort of reference to someone posting instructions on how to convert them to mp3, then getting chastised for publicly explaining and subsequently deleting the message. I understand that WFMU can't have downloadable content for licensing reasons, so if anyone has any helpful instructions feel free to private message me!

Thanks

There just isn't one. The best you can do is find a friend who kept all the podcasts.

snailed

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
Once you have 50 posts, you might want to try giving the search function another try...

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »
There just isn't one. The best you can do is find a friend who kept all the podcasts.

Be honest man. Jim, listen the snailed.

wood and iron

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »

Be honest man. Jim, listen the snailed.

But don't you know? This is a super secret club only for the cool kids!

jimswanson

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
Can't wait to join the club! Only 44 to go. I climb the D-squash ladder one rung at a time....

(too obscure?)

joe

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »
Can't wait to join the club! Only 44 to go. I climb the D-squash ladder one rung at a time....

(too obscure?)

Better hope you don't run into The Eradicator.

chet bakes

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 01:57:29 AM »
couldnt they cut the songs like on the podcast and make the archives available in mp3?
Vendetta is a dish served betteh with cold feta

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 02:35:31 AM »
Who is "they"?

Tom.

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 02:49:36 AM »
Who is "they"?

Tom.

Even based on my pedestrian knowledge of audio editing, which consists of just clipping stuff like this woud require, that would require so much work (probably hundreds of hours even at conservative estimates). There are places you can find older shows (cough), but the best place, that requires the least work by people who do put the show on for FREE, is the links from the FMU site.

I can't tell you how many workdays that George Benson's White Son or Yankees vs Mets streamed from wfmu.org have gotten me through.

chet bakes

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 07:53:56 AM »
y'know more than fair point.  I know this show has given myself and numerous others sincere joy and pleasure and im truly grateful for its existence and the work that goes into it. Didnt mean for the comment to come across as the snide remarks of some sneering ingrate. A case of typing before thinking perhaps. Im sure there's a way to get mp3s of the archive if one applies the right amount of archaelogical spirit. I know many a fan craves to have the glory that is the best show archives feeding their head during commutes..
Vendetta is a dish served betteh with cold feta