Author Topic: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.  (Read 59728 times)

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
Re: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
You guys sound like a buncha Bitter Bettys.  You should try to be Upbeat Ursulas!

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
I was thinking it would be hilarious in a wrestling heel sort of way to try and sneak on to double up everyone's suspension. But now I'm pretty sure I'd be hailed as a hero if I did that.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
Surely one of the regulars can rise to the challenge of sneaking on under an assumed identity. Once the ban thing clears up, assuming you aren't caught, you can come clean about it. Everybody will have some laughs, no harm done.

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2011, 10:44:55 AM »
I love all kinds of bans - I guess I just like music in general.
veni dixie vici

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
The ban lifts tomorrow for ohn (sic) from Maplewood and Samir, yes?

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
I listened to the 8/9 archive, and I was aware of the announcement of the Ban, but I think I somehow missed the on-air announcement.  At what time during the show is the Ban issued?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

zephir

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2011, 02:17:54 AM »
seems like, when people get added to the intro (historically speaking), they call less (or completely disappear). I used to think this happened organically. But now I see the hidden hand of tom and all its workings. Man, i wish I coulda been banned. Oh also, found this on that other forum:

Dear Mr Scharpling,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice several tuesdays in detention for whatever it is that we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us not call in and tell you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is

a puppet
and a weirdo
a librarian in training
and a ufc enthusiast
podcast trash
and a rockstar.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, The Regulars Club.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
seems like, when people get added to the intro (historically speaking), they call less (or completely disappear). I used to think this happened organically. But now I see the hidden hand of tom and all its workings. Man, i wish I coulda been banned. Oh also, found this on that other forum:

Dear Mr Scharpling,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice several tuesdays in detention for whatever it is that we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us not call in and tell you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is

a puppet
and a weirdo
a librarian in training
and a ufc enthusiast
podcast trash
and a rockstar.

It's time for you to get a life man.

Blobb

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »
Love the saucy universe episodes. Was talking about this w/Sarah on the twitter earlier - In going through all the TOS eps for the first time in forever, I'd forgotten how many episodes take place on some planet where the aliens are wearing whatever costumes they can dig up in Paramount's costume department - the Thirties Planet, the Nazi Planet, etc etc.

I also love when the alien people are wearing costumes that look like they were made by Kirsten Dunst & Michelle Williams in the movie Dick:

DJO - Happy in Paraguay

Sticking to the non-sequitur Star Trek business.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
I heard on Twitter that today is Star Track's birthday! Happy birthday, Star Track!

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2011, 12:04:21 AM »
The ban lifts tomorrow for ohn (sic) from Maplewood and Samir, yes?

I'd prefer not to be the first banned person to call in, even if my ban has officially lifted.  Samir, are you feeling the same way?
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Greggulator

« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »
I'm totally making "My brother Chris Gethard can beat up your honor student" bumper stickers.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Charles Arrington

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »

Dear Mr Scharpling,

a puppet
and a weirdo
a librarian in training
and a ufc enthusiast
podcast trash
and a rockstar.

It's time for you to get a life man.

HAHAHAHA  +1

The guest show

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »
I think the puppet guy should be allowed to call but only as the puppet. The last call he made he just complained about something, it sucked. Nice that Larry da perv isn't banned.

Nicksy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2011, 12:15:51 AM »
I haven't posted here in about a year, but I just want to say how happy I am about the ban! Keep it going!
hey what's up