Author Topic: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.  (Read 59677 times)

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 09:45:17 AM »
John From Maplewood - two weeks
The Greggulator - two months
Dave from Knoxville - three weeks
Bonnaventure - three weeks
Michael K. of the Cynics - NO BAN

Due to his unique stature, Spike will now submit to an audition period every twenty seconds. If he fails to provide a substantial amount of entertainment during any one twenty second period, he will be hung up on.

It's fun to be unique.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »
I'm not sure if I even count as a regular caller any more, but what about me?  Either as Pastor Josh or the updated Josh from Vincennes?
Who I don't have chocolate?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
James from Southeast PA? 

I am hoping the judgment is NO BAN because I'm in the middle of a research project in which I listen to see if he uses contractions in his speech.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »
James from Southeast PA? 

I am hoping the judgment is NO BAN because I'm in the middle of a research project in which I listen to see if he uses contractions in his speech.

Sorry, Jon, it appears that James (under the title "James from the Bathroom") got 3 weeks.

Also, I think the "no calls on consecutive weeks unless you have something BIG" is a good call and will be good for the show. And looking at that list, I'm filled with anticipation for how happy I'll be when those bans run out and I get to hear those voices again.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

KickTheBobo

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Jeff in Seattle

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 01:06:55 PM »
Larry Da Perv - NO BAN

Justice has been served.

betheboy

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »
The question now is who will be the first person to call despite being banned. It sure won't be me.

gravy boat

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 01:42:52 PM »
... looking at that list, I'm filled with anticipation for how happy I'll be when those bans run out and I get to hear those voices again.

This gloating is beneath you.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »
James from Southeast PA? 

Sorry, Jon, it appears that James (under the title "James from the Bathroom") got 3 weeks.

Also, I think the "no calls on consecutive weeks unless you have something BIG" is a good call and will be good for the show. And looking at that list, I'm filled with anticipation for how happy I'll be when those bans run out and I get to hear those voices again.

Duh. I had no idea that was the same James.

Agreed on the "consecutive weeks" thing.  I have not called in two consecutive weeks in years...even though it may feel like it to everyone else.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »

.... I will quietly serve my sentence . . .

Obviously, Wally would be the first to get shanked or burned.

Can I ask why, exactly, that's so obvious?  As for the suggestion of being "turned out", I really hope that's impying the adding of "inside" between those two words, as a fully puppet-based joke, and nothing worse than that.

-Zach (Big Z)

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »
Also, just looking over at this, I am really wondering why I am, at least thus far, the absolute longest ban on this list.  Though calling for 2 or 3 consecutive weeks, recently, I have been absent (especially as myself) for quite some time.  Even Wally is not super-regular.  Even if my ban was shorter, more in line with the few weeks that most seem to be getting, it's not like I'd be counting the weeks/days/hours/minutes until mine was over, so I could hop back on the phone, right away. 

I work until 11:00 PM Eastern, and don't get home until the show's about to end, or already is, depending on the traffic.  I haven't been able to call, even when I may have wanted to, after seeing if I could tune in during some downtime at work.  I know this may come off as a little whining, but I'm mainly just confused as to why mine would be the longest, and I can't think of anyone who hasn't been included yet who would get a longer one.  Thanks for hearing me out.

-Zach (Big Z)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2011, 03:18:24 PM »
Also, just looking over at this, I am really wondering why I am, at least thus far, the absolute longest ban on this list.  Though calling for 2 or 3 consecutive weeks, recently, I have been absent (especially as myself) for quite some time.  Even Wally is not super-regular.  Even if my ban was shorter, more in line with the few weeks that most seem to be getting, it's not like I'd be counting the weeks/days/hours/minutes until mine was over, so I could hop back on the phone, right away. 

I work until 11:00 PM Eastern, and don't get home until the show's about to end, or already is, depending on the traffic.  I haven't been able to call, even when I may have wanted to, after seeing if I could tune in during some downtime at work.  I know this may come off as a little whining, but I'm mainly just confused as to why mine would be the longest, and I can't think of anyone who hasn't been included yet who would get a longer one.  Thanks for hearing me out.

-Zach (Big Z)

I see a John Bender/Vice Principal Vernon situation brewing.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
... looking at that list, I'm filled with anticipation for how happy I'll be when those bans run out and I get to hear those voices again.

This gloating is beneath you.

So is your making feel bad about doing it!

(For real, though, I meant what I said. No gloat intended.)
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »
Revised sentencing:

John From Maplewood - two weeks
The Greggulator - two months
Dave from Knoxville - three weeks
Bonnaventure - three weeks
Michael K. of the Cynics - NO BAN
Laurie from Miami - ten weeks
James from the bathroom - three weeks
Mike In Manhattan - six weeks
Frank from Weehawken - five weeks
Geneva - three months (for writing me about this matter even though I explicitly said not to write me about it)
Julie from Cincinnati - NO BAN
Wally Wackiman - ten weeks
Z-Man - four months PLUS ONE ADDITIONAL WEEK
Larry Da Perv - NO BAN
Amadeus - NO BAN
The H-Man - three weeks
Will Be the Boy - seven weeks
Samir - two weeks
Max from Queens - three months