Author Topic: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.  (Read 59696 times)

Kormod

Re: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »
As much as I want to say that Wally's feltdown merits a ban reset, it was oddly compelling and, in a weird way, the best call of the night; I say the ban should be left alone. I think Wally should, however, be forced to undergo some sort of humiliating experience as punishment for almost screwing over the other regulars. I suggest a 20 minute on-air Don Rickles-style roasting given by AP Mike and other Massa's regulars.

Sarah

« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »
What time does Wally's call start?  I want to jump ahead to it.  (I will of course then listen to the earlier part of the show.)

Kormod

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »
What time does Wally's call start?  I want to jump ahead to it.  (I will of course then listen to the earlier part of the show.)

About the 2h30m mark, from what I remember. It's hard to miss; it lasts almost until the end of the show.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »
still waiting for the banhammer.

Good bye.

I know it was not for me, specifically, but after reading the newer stuff they wrote, thank you.

-Zach (Big Z)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »
I've enjoyed the ban, but listening to last week's show, some of those first time callers trying to do their own routines (Tom, what if you could trade the Best Show to do the opening theme to Coast to Coast to the tune of Rock Star? - one of the worst calls ever), I would enjoy the familiar sounds of some familiar callers.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
As much as I want to say that Wally's feltdown merits a ban reset, it was oddly compelling and, in a weird way, the best call of the night; I say the ban should be left alone. I think Wally should, however, be forced to undergo some sort of humiliating experience as punishment for almost screwing over the other regulars. I suggest a 20 minute on-air Don Rickles-style roasting given by AP Mike and other Massa's regulars.

The call and the reasons behind it were not enough of a humiliating experience?  Either way, I appreciate the notions you suggest about the call.  It makes it easier to take.  I'll pass that sentiment on to Wally.  Additionally, I don't think any additional punishment is needed, especially if it's not reset, which is still to be determined, from what I understand.  You could say, by that logic, that Geneva would have deserved special punishment, as the ban was instituted after her call.  Of course, I would not say that, myself, as I view it as a general procedure used to mix up the show, as is/was Tom's will.

-Zach (Big Z)

Sarah

« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »

About the 2h30m mark, from what I remember. It's hard to miss; it lasts almost until the end of the show.

Thank you.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »

The call and the reasons behind it were not enough of a humiliating experience?  Either way, I appreciate the notions you suggest about the call.  It makes it easier to take.  I'll pass that sentiment on to Wally.  Additionally, I don't think any additional punishment is needed, especially if it's not reset, which is still to be determined, from what I understand.  You could say, by that logic, that Geneva would have deserved special punishment, as the ban was instituted after her call.  Of course, I would not say that, myself, as I view it as a general procedure used to mix up the show, as is/was Tom's will.

-Zach (Big Z)

It was after Laurie's call. Check your records. Also, please stop mentioning me. It is not helping either one of us, k?
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »

-Zach (Big Z)

It was after Laurie's call. Check your records. Also, please stop mentioning me. It is not helping either one of us, k?

Sorry about that.  I didn't mean anything by it.

-Zach (Big Z)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »
First Hatch, now Geneva. Who will MiddleBro/Wally (alas, there is no difference now as proven by the failing Wally voice) throw under the bus next in his flailings?
See God, Kai

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2011, 11:16:32 PM »
I think I would not rate that a failed call because, while it was a bit of a flameout on Wally's part, it was not boring.  In fact, presumably without meaning to, it elicited both some of Tom's funniest apoplexies ("WHY IS IT CLEAR NOW??? IIIIT'S MUUUUFFFFLLLLED AGAAAAAIIIN!") and some of his deepest wisdom ("Yeah, fight, but fight for the right reasons." I enjoyed listening to it and therefore cannot really task Wally with derailing the show. In my listening history, psychodramas don't usually run this deep, at least with basically sympathetic callers.  I would say give him some humiliating task--maybe an essay, like with Amadeus--and let the other bans stay on course.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »
Wally, you're supposed to throw people under the bus on your way up, not on your way down. Eve Harrington would not be proud.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
Well, to quote Tom fave Tom Waits, "I don't care who I have to climb over on my way to the bottom."
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:45 PM »

I am one week away from my ban being lifted. There would be no person who "suffers" the most if the ban is reset.  However, I support the ban reset. The rules are the rules. I called in and STEPPED UP. I talked the talk and then walked the walked.  No one forced MiddleBro/Wally to call in. He came in with some sort of prepared response to my call and failed. Thus, a lesson should be learned via harsh discipline.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »

I am one week away from my ban being lifted. There would be no person who "suffers" the most if the ban is reset.  However, I support the ban reset. The rules are the rules. I called in and STEPPED UP. I talked the talk and then walked the walked.  No one forced MiddleBro/Wally to call in. He came in with some sort of prepared response to my call and failed. Thus, a lesson should be learned via harsh discipline.

Geez Greggulator, at least wink when you respond this way. What is this, professional wrestling? You got more braggadocio than Sarah Palin.