Author Topic: Tulsa, OK  (Read 1254 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Tulsa, OK
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:33:09 PM »
Hey!I have to go to Tulsa for work in October. Have you been there and/or possibly live there? If so, give me suggestions! I know nothing about this place except they they had a NASL team called the Roughnecks.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: Tulsa, OK
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:40 PM »
You GET to go to Tulsa. Do you know the dates?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:29 AM »
You GET to go to Tulsa. Do you know the dates?

Flying in Oct. 25th. Leaving Oct. 28th.

I've heard good things...
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
When I was 12, we went there one summer.  There was a giant statue of an oil man; I sat on his foot and seriously burned my ass.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 04:59:02 PM »
That, my friend, was the Okie state's tribute to one Johnny Storm.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »
I think it was probably this douche.

Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
from one of my friends:
How old a guy are we talking about? Does he like to go out at night? Is he more fancy pants or hipster? I think either way the 'Blue Dome District' downtown (around 2nd and Elgin) is great. There are several places within walking distance around there worth checking out. There's the brand new Dustbowl Lanes and Lounge ('70s themed bowling and good food) right across from Joe Momma's Pizza (featured on Man vs. Food) and The Max Retropub (amazing '80s themed bar). There's also a McNellie's right around there as the ol' standby. There's a Mexican restaurant right around there too called El Guapo's (loose Three Amigos theme) with rooftop seating that affords a nice glimpse at the more admirable Deco elements of the downtown Tulsa skyline.

Brookside (between 31st and 41st and Peroria) is also a good area with lots of restaurants and some cool shops to check out during daylight hours. Philbrook is also right around there. I'm not sure what exhibit they'll be having in October, but regardless the permanent pieces and grounds in general are worth a look.

If he's more upscale he might enjoy Utica Square (21st and Utica). It's mostly an outdoor mall with upscale shopping but it has a few good restaurants. There's a Fleming's and a neat little place called The Wild Fork.

If he wants to see any of the more noteworthy architectural stuff (aside from the freakish straight out of Flash Gordon Oral Roberts University campus) there's also the Frank Lloyd Wright house, the attractively mid-century modern Lortondale houses, a deco tour of downtown (Mid-Continent Building especially), as well as some other gems here and there.

Just let me know what kind of stuff he might be interested in and I'll tailor the list a little more.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time