Author Topic: Orson Welles Should've Been In...  (Read 19358 times)

Guerruckey

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Orson Welles Should've Been In...
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
The Apple as Mr. Topps, the old man who descends from the sky at the end of the movie.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
He could've snuck into 'The Last Waltz' somewhere, perhaps replacing Neil Diamond and instead reading something from 'Othello' on stage...then joining Van Morrison backstage to sing impromptu Clancy Brothers ballads in perfect harmony while drinking whiskey.

He would essentially hijack the focus on The Band and direct it on him, clashing with Scorsese on lighting and camera angles.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
I like to imagine him in a live-action adaptation of The Family Circus as the dead Grandpa, puttering invisibly around the house in his ratty old bathrobe and angel wings and secretly performing little acts of kindness for the children.

However, since no live-action adaptation of The Family Circus was ever made, nor would Orson Welles have been in it if one had, this must remain a dream, a beautiful dream.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
Cannonball run 2.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
We are the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld, we are the children

Michael in Athens

• Policemans heel
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 07:29:39 AM »
Definitely Knightriders.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
We are the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld, we are the children
Well, he did host that SNL that had USA For Africa as the musical guests.
This may be the year I will disappear.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »
The Architect in "The Matrix: Revolutions"

I just listened to the show and now understand what a shameful anachronism this is.

Now that I know the rules of the game, he should have co-narrated "Terror In the Aisles" along with Donald Pleasance.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
Kenny Rogers' role in "Six Pack."  A county singing racecar driver being hectored by Erin Grey and a whole mess of children.

For two hours.

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 12:19:48 PM »
Orson Welles IS...

Mean Mr. Mustard from the Sgt. Pepper's movie
I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 12:52:59 PM »
Kenny Rogers' role in "Six Pack."  A county singing racecar driver being hectored by Erin Grey and a whole mess of children.

For two hours.

A staple of TV right after we got Showtime.  I've hated "Rocky Top" ever since.   Wasn't Anthony Michael Hall one of the kids?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
Not only was he one of the kids-- I'd all but forgotten-- but IMDB has this to say. 

"Stopping briefly in a small Texas town, an itinerant race car driver finds that his stock car, on a trailer behind his motor home, has just been quickly and expertly stripped. He chases down the miscreants, who turn out to be six orphan children. He has no recourse to the law, for the corrupt local sheriff takes most of the proceeds of their thievery in exchange for not putting them in an orphanage. They are charming rogues who are in turn charmed by him. Disliking their arrangement with the sheriff, they stow away with him, and he finds himself becoming a reluctant stepfather. Thanks to their enthusiasm and incredible mechanical know-how, he begins to make a name for himself on the racing circuit. But the sheriff doesn't take kindly to losing his extra income..."

Fantastic.

mostlymeat

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »
Six Pack rules. Solid entertainment.

Really loving Tom's impressions lately. It's underplayed but he really is a man of a thousand voices. His Roger McGuinn was so good!

-ajax

Not only was he one of the kids-- I'd all but forgotten-- but IMDB has this to say. 

"Stopping briefly in a small Texas town, an itinerant race car driver finds that his stock car, on a trailer behind his motor home, has just been quickly and expertly stripped. He chases down the miscreants, who turn out to be six orphan children. He has no recourse to the law, for the corrupt local sheriff takes most of the proceeds of their thievery in exchange for not putting them in an orphanage. They are charming rogues who are in turn charmed by him. Disliking their arrangement with the sheriff, they stow away with him, and he finds himself becoming a reluctant stepfather. Thanks to their enthusiasm and incredible mechanical know-how, he begins to make a name for himself on the racing circuit. But the sheriff doesn't take kindly to losing his extra income..."

Fantastic.

cna

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
A lot of Star Wars suggestions. I thought of the Rancor keeper from Return of the Jedi. Nice emotional scene when the Rancor dies.

Greggulator

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 04:06:51 PM »
As the role of Cyrus in The Warriors. (EDIT: Wrote this RIGHT before this call. The DJ is definitely better.)

Robert Culp in Outrage

The creep from My Name Is Steven

Jason from Solarbabies
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com