Author Topic: Lots of Funf-XL shirts in attendance, if you know what I mean.  (Read 6529 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Lots of Funf-XL shirts in attendance, if you know what I mean.
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
Don't think this got posted earlier somewhere else on the board - let me know if so.

American Juggalo

American Juggalo

Oh, so many things. I scribbled notes all over my appt book, but gonna stand back and let you have a crack at it virgin-like.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
Re: Lots of Funf-XL shirts in attendance, if you know what I mean.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
I particularly like the guy in the clown makeup.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
I particularly like the guy with the spiky braided hair.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 02:29:16 AM »
I particularly like the guy with the spiky braided hair.
I particularly liked the one that was overly doughy from too much cheap alcohol and high-fructose corn-syrup laden regional soda.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
Oh, so many things. I scribbled notes all over my appt book, but gonna stand back and let you have a crack at it virgin-like.

Please Christina, do share some of those.

Also, thanks for posting. Got about 8-9 minutes in, then realised it was clearly NSFW, then thought, I wish she warned me, then I realised it's Juggalos and I shoulda known that already
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:04:14 AM »

Please Christina, do share some of those.

Also, thanks for posting. Got about 8-9 minutes in, then realised it was clearly NSFW, then thought, I wish she warned me, then I realised it's Juggalos and I shoulda known that already

HA-that is totally what I thought the second after I hit POST: "Should I have said NSFW? No, they know, if only for the language."

Some of my choice fave lines were:

*The guy who went on and on about what a good cook he was & he listed the things he excels at - basically the contents of a 10 piece Chicken Dinner at KFC ... fried chicken, biscuits, etc etc. Somehow this came from "Family, woop woop". I'm not sure how. Of said family, he also had this to say: "That shit made me the motherfucker I am today."

*The guys spray-painting each other's faces WITH ACTUAL CANS OF ACTUAL SPRAY PAINT.

*One of the seven billion guys sitting around in those lawn chairs, can't remember which, who said "the whippets don't stop".

*Some guy on how overblown the Juggalos' reputation is: "We can party and still maintain ourselves appropriately". Standing next to him was a completely naked chick.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
Does anybody else think they would have gone to one of these things if they were born 20 years later?

No? Just me?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

wood and iron

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
I think ICP is hilarious but I'm starting to get uncomfortable with all the Juggalo bashing. I think if you look at the targets and the people making the jokes there is a definite class divide. Juggalos tend to be kids from very lower middle to lower class blue collar families. And the people poking fun at them tend to be middle to upper middle class privileged white people who went to college.

I'm not going to say that their stuff isn't ridiculous, because it obviously is. But there is a fine line between pointing out the inherent ridiculousness and just flat out trashing a subculture you don't understand or identify with because you come from a different circumstance.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:25:21 PM »

HA-that is totally what I thought the second after I hit POST: "Should I have said NSFW? No, they know, if only for the language."

The language was not the problem...

Standing next to him was a completely naked chick.

That was. Fortunately for me no-one was around in the office. Hence the watching it at work to begin with.....

"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
I think ICP is hilarious but I'm starting to get uncomfortable with all the Juggalo bashing. I think if you look at the targets and the people making the jokes there is a definite class divide. Juggalos tend to be kids from very lower middle to lower class blue collar families. And the people poking fun at them tend to be middle to upper middle class privileged white people who went to college.

I'm not going to say that their stuff isn't ridiculous, because it obviously is. But there is a fine line between pointing out the inherent ridiculousness and just flat out trashing a subculture you don't understand or identify with because you come from a different circumstance.

Can't you make the same basic argument about the Tea Party, W&I?  Both groups are largely made up of people who feel rejected by their society who are being manipulated by people who make a lot of money off their rage at that rejection.

Probably we shouldn't make fun of anybody, and it's decent of you to feel compassion like that.  We humans are a tribal lot, though.  Just ask Rose from Poster Children.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »

In my opinion this has nothing to do with upper or lower "class". This is about stupidity/ignorance and it's celebration in different forms. If you watch the footage you can see all these people have got a massive chip on their shoulder, because they are trying to defend their stupid behavior with claims to normalcy and achievement. I don't have anything against idiots doing what they like but I'm not going to respect them for it. It's also not that I don't understand them...
I understand people like to have a good time and I am certainly not the one forcing anyone into the opera or the theater, but everyone knows this ICP-stuff is garbage and not intelligent, yet certain people love following their urges and base it around some tribalistic Juggalo-family-BS. They are simply saying: We love to do stupid stuff and we founded a club to do it.
Fine, but I reserve the right laugh at the outgrowths of that idea.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »
Call me when the Koch brothers co-opt the Juggalos.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
[
*The guy who went on and on about what a good cook he was & he listed the things he excels at - basically the contents of a 10 piece Chicken Dinner at KFC ... fried chicken, biscuits, etc etc. Somehow this came from "Family, woop woop". I'm not sure how. Of said family, he also had this to say: "That shit made me the motherfucker I am today."

We'll lose weight together and bond over that.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

Call you what?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »

Call you what?

ANYTHING, but call me