Author Topic: Victoria Jackson visits Occupy Wall Street!  (Read 4633 times)

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Victoria Jackson visits Occupy Wall Street!
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Victoria Jackson visits Occupy Wall Street!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »
I felt myself getting more and more stupid with each passing minute....
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Sarah

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »
I had to pause it at the 1:10 mark.  I'm going to take a bath now, and afterward I'll try for another minute.  At this rate, it'll take me about a week to watch the whole thing.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »
Done.  I'm beginning to wonder if Victoria Jackson is some genius leftist:  this thing casts the people she is supposed to be exposing in a very good light, while she comes off as mentally deficient.

Smelodies

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »
Done.  I'm beginning to wonder if Victoria Jackson is some genius leftist:

I've also wondered if this is some Andy Kaufmanesque stunt.  It doesn't seem like her comedy, but who knows?  Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I wish there were video of conversations between her and Franken from back in the '80s.

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »
She is very, very committed to her schtick, if so.  She's been at this for years now.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:46 PM »
And utterly immune to embarrassment. If this is schtick, for sheer indifference as to what people will think of her she makes Andy Kaufman look like Wally Wackiman.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »
My favorite line has to be:

So you don’t think Obama is stirring up racial and class warfare and its straight out of Rules for Radicals written by Saul Alinsky?

Why do I not think she has ever read "Rules for Radicals written by Saul Alinsky"?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
Probably because you're a godless heathen.

Smelodies

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
She got that from Glenn Beck.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »

Why do I not think she has ever read "Rules for Radicals written by Saul Alinsky"?

I have.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
Does it have a chapter on how sitting presidents can stir up racial and class warfare?

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »
Beck and other teabaggers have taken Saul Alinsky's work and used his ideas....I don't know why she uses that as a gotcha point.

But actually I have a little more respect for Jackson. She actually focuses her interview on someone who does the cause justice. Towards the end there's a kneejerky, more stereotypical guy railing about neo-fascism and other stuff--one of the "loonies" that rightwingers would use as an exemplification of the unhinged left. But he only gets a few seconds. Obviously Jackson is reprehensible ("Muslims attacked the twin towers;" "Black liberation theology" etc), but the whole thing is oddly watchable.

More watchable than her comedy, at any rate.
I can hear you judging me.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »
Quote from: patriotupdate.com
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
October 17, 2011 at 2:19 am

I pray that one of her gospel tracts reaches Mitt Romney.

Sarah

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »
I appreciated hearing her take on Christianity, which, as far as I can tell, amounts to this: (1) We are all sinners and cannot be otherwise. (2) God sent Jesus into the world to die so that we can be redeemed. (3) We must believe in Jesus in order to have a chance at getting through the pearly gates.  And that's all there is to being a Christian!  I finally understand why some of them can be such shits:  if all you have to do to go to heaven is believe in Jesus, you can do anything you want.   

And, Christian FOT, don't you dare be offended by this:  I'm talking about a specific, warped type of Christianity that I'm sure you deplore as much as anyone else.