Author Topic: Victoria Jackson visits Occupy Wall Street!  (Read 4632 times)

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Victoria Jackson visits Occupy Wall Street!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 07:32:04 AM »
I wonder what Weird Al thinks of his former silver screen paramour.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »
I appreciated hearing her take on Christianity, which, as far as I can tell, amounts to this: (1) We are all sinners and cannot be otherwise. (2) God sent Jesus into the world to die so that we can be redeemed. (3) We must believe in Jesus in order to have a chance at getting through the pearly gates.  And that's all there is to being a Christian!  I finally understand why some of them can be such shits:  if all you have to do to go to heaven is believe in Jesus, you can do anything you want.   

And, Christian FOT, don't you dare be offended by this:  I'm talking about a specific, warped type of Christianity that I'm sure you deplore as much as anyone else.

This is straight out of Jack Chick (I did watch that documentary - fascinating).

Chick's most reprehensible tract shows a child molester getting fully redeemed and then he and his wife shaming his daughter into totally forgiving him.  I believe this religious POV is known in political circles as "Jesus Plus Nothing."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »
I have a little collection of his stuff in my "crazy religious crap" folder.

Kormod

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
Done.  I'm beginning to wonder if Victoria Jackson is some genius leftist:  this thing casts the people she is supposed to be exposing in a very good light, while she comes off as mentally deficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
This is straight out of Jack Chick (I did watch that documentary - fascinating).

Are you talking about "God's Cartoonist"? I have that on my iPod but have yet to watch it. It's my understanding Chick isn't actually in the movie, right? If so that just ups my suspicion that Chick is not an actual person any more than Betty Crocker is...

Chick's most reprehensible tract shows a child molester getting fully redeemed and then he and his wife shaming his daughter into totally forgiving him.

Which tract is that? I collect them so I'll have to be on the lookout for it...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »
"Lisa"

http://www.boolean-union.com/Chick/Lisa/Lisa.htm

Warning: this is pretty sick stuff.  It's not graphic, but the contents take the usual awful Chick nonsense and take it to a non-funny place.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 07:00:25 AM »
I'm disgusted that we don't see Lisa repenting, too.  I mean, it's pretty obvious that everything was her fault.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
"Lisa"

http://www.boolean-union.com/Chick/Lisa/Lisa.htm

Warning: this is pretty sick stuff.  It's not graphic, but the contents take the usual awful Chick nonsense and take it to a non-funny place.

Yeah, you were pretty much spot-on. I tend to laugh hysterically at Chick, especially his tract "The Visitors" (about Mormon missionaries) and the classic "Hi There!". But, yeah, this is pretty much trash. The commentary on the side of the screen pretty much nails it as well, but neither commentary seemed to mention that Harry blamed his wife. Nowhere in the strip does he take responsibility for anything, which I though was kinda a big part of Christian repentance.

o are we certain Chick is a real guy and not just a bunch of people writing under the same name a la Franklin W. Dixon?

/

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

cas-vik

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »
Ugh. Just ugh.  On the other hand everyone but her seem to be very nice thoughtful people.

Side note, does any else think that the tall bearded fellow in sunglasses at 11:40 looked like David Berman and is that his wife trailing behind him taking photos?

Probably not.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »
I love how the guy in the red shirt is going off in the background at the end and no one pays attention. "Personally!...."

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
Ugh. Just ugh.  On the other hand everyone but her seem to be very nice thoughtful people.

Side note, does any else think that the tall bearded fellow in sunglasses at 11:40 looked like David Berman and is that his wife trailing behind him taking photos?

Probably not.

Berman doesn't do bangs.