Author Topic: Don't worry. We may get more Fred Durst.  (Read 2422 times)

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
Re: Don't worry. We may get more Fred Durst.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst has long complained that people have treated him like a music industry joke, a punch line to the question, "Seriously, what's with that dude in the backward red baseball cap?"

That is some quality joke writing there.

Q: Seriously, what's with that dude in the backward red baseball cap?
A: Fred Durst.

BWA HA HAAA!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:54 AM »
I find the concept of Fred Durst in a sitcom so much more funny that I would ever find an actual show starring that clown...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
But the nu-metal maestro may have the final laugh thanks to a deal he recently signed with CBS and CBS TV Studios to develop a half-hour sitcom.

Very true, very true.  Unless everybody else gets the final laugh when the show is a huge flop and gets cancelled faster than The Playboy Club.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
But the nu-metal maestro may have the final laugh thanks to a deal he recently signed with CBS and CBS TV Studios to develop a half-hour sitcom.

Very true, very true.  Unless everybody else gets the final laugh when the show is a huge flop and gets cancelled faster than The Playboy Club.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Emeril"

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 06:04:19 PM »
I could not be more excited for a TV project.

I'm wondering about the casting. How do they cast any teenage children since Fred Durst is about 5'3" or something along those lines?

Maybe they'll do an episode which is the inverse of that horrorifying rape fantasy video he made where he kidnaps Thora Birch and her father (played by Bill Paxton) looks to rescue her as Fred yells in her face but at the end she falls in love with him. Like Jonathan Davis or one of the 14 masked guys in Slipknot guest stars and kidnaps his catchphrase-spouting daughter and Durst saves her.

Or what if Fred's really young children keep talking about Family Matters and he's upset because he doesn't think they're old enough to go see a now-Buckethead fronted Guns'N'Roses Family Matters Tour but instead Urkel makes a guest appearance?

I can't believe I'm already writing fan fiction for this thing.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Lucas

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 04:19:53 AM »
This guy has the most major case of entitilitis I've ever seen.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »
This guy has the most major case of entitilitis I've ever seen.

I think all of us would have a similar case if we had his talent and awesomeness...

I'm wondering about the casting. How do they cast any teenage children since Fred Durst is about 5'3" or something along those lines?

They could use the same forced perspective techniques used in "The Lord of the Rings" movies. They'd be able to do that as I'm sure the show would be an artsy single camera job.... Fred likes to push boundaries like that....

As far as your fan fiction goes, you'd better be posting that shit the instant you're done... Fred's public requires it...