Author Topic: Where are the Central PA people? 1-7 Oh Yeah!!!  (Read 1567 times)

John M.

• Policemans heel
Where are the Central PA people? 1-7 Oh Yeah!!!
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »
  For the second year I heard people from the Harrisburg area (I am from Lemoyne) making pledges last night.
WAY TO GO!!!!

In a failed attempt to raise your curiosity regarding my whereabouts to the same levels I have about yours, I made a second pledge just to let you know I'm here too.

I've never met anyone here, however, who even knows what the station or the show are. So I'm just curious as to where you guys are hiding. If you see this, say hello. Thanks!

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Where are the Central PA people? 1-7 Oh Yeah!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Hey there, John!

I'm here in Harrisburg on the East Shore.

I was dying last year when I found out that I both: missed an opportunity to see Henry Rollins speak in Harrisburg, AND that Tom was in town to see it, as well.

John M.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »
Oh, tell me about it!!!! When I found out on the following week's show that Tom was in town, I felt ill. I knew so many people who were going to that and were probably oblivious of who Tom is. It's hard to introduce people to something like TBSOWFMU in this area. It seems slow to spread here. Good to know there are some cool people around though.

PSURickster

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 09:23:42 AM »
Well I am very glad to use my inagural post to come out of hiding for my fellow Central PA FOTs!  I am in Camp Hill, actually just came back to the area after working in North Jersey for a few years.  The crazy thing is that I did not discover the Best Show until after I moved back to Central PA.  I was surrounded by radio waves of goodness all that time in NJ and I didn't even know it!  Of course it helped that I was unemployed when I moved back to PA so I had more time on my hands for radio listening...

John M.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
Hi Rick! Congratulations on your first post. Welcome back to the area. Just curious, what finally got you to check out the show once you moved back? Do you know any other fans here?