Author Topic: Discuss the MC Skat Kat Wikipedia Page  (Read 3001 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Discuss the MC Skat Kat Wikipedia Page
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Skat_Kat

Please help break this down with me.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Crusherkc

Re: Discuss the MC Skat Kat Wikipedia Page
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
I don't know about breaking down this page but I could easily see MC Skat Kat circa 1992 as a guest on "Time Machine Celebrity Apprentice"
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

casualobserver

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »
Time Machine Celebrity Apprentice might do well to consider allowing multiples of the same person/cartoon — each from different points in time — to trump it out

for instance, in the same season:
  • a fledgling, virile MC Skat Kat time-plucked from the very cusp of making it big
  • Skattikus M. Kat in his autumn, wiser through the years, though desperate to erase lingering debts

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
Skattikus M. Kat in his autumn, wiser through the years, though desperate to erase lingering debts

Maybe--how do you know he hasn't done an Uncle Luke?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

mostlymeat

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
What about a Tin Machine Celebrity Apprenctice? Featuring members of Tin Machine?

Time Machine Celebrity Apprentice might do well to consider allowing multiples of the same person/cartoon — each from different points in time — to trump it out

for instance, in the same season:
  • a fledgling, virile MC Skat Kat time-plucked from the very cusp of making it big
  • Skattikus M. Kat in his autumn, wiser through the years, though desperate to erase lingering debts

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »
During one episode we briefly hear David Bowie's voice on speakerphone.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
'MC Skat Kat was created by Michael Patterson and performed by The Wild Pair duo of Bruce DeShazer and Marv Gunn on "Opposites Attract". He was also voiced by Romany Malco for the first rap of the song and by Derrick 'Delite' Stevens for the second rap, the latter of whom would provide vocals for the character in the MC Skat Kat solo album.'

'He's the cat who knows where it's at. The feline with the fly rhymes. The kitty designed by committee.'

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
The fact that he has separate "Physical Appearance" and "Personality" sections kind of bums me out for some reason.

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:12 PM »
I find the appearance of M.C. Skat Kat disconcertingly similar to D.J. Kat. 
D.J. Kat Versus Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Though I guess D.J. Kat is more of a rocker. 
Ironic, 'cause his name is D.J.
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »
I don't know about breaking down this page but I could easily see MC Skat Kat circa 1992 as a guest on "Time Machine Celebrity Apprentice"

It would have been awesome to hear future Trump say "MC Skat Kat, you're the greatest rapper in the world. I loved your album..."

How many people do you think were in the committee that wrote this part?

Quote from: Wikipedia
According to Virgin Records' media information, Skat Kat is a "street philosopher with an alley Kat point of view." He likes to dance, is interested in the ladies, and "remains on the smooth tip with an old school rap influence which adds the street to his new school hip hop.
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."