Author Topic: BANANAZZZ (Starring AP MIKE!)  (Read 4120 times)

TheBrettster

• Policemans heel
BANANAZZZ (Starring AP MIKE!)
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »
BANANAZZZ Official Trailer

Hey, I wanted to let some of you in on the loop and share a project I have been working on...

I created a fake band called BANANAZZZ earlier this year. I play the lead singer, an angry, misguided pseudo-punk named Craig Evanhalen. He is a very unpleasant, politically vocal, lying, arrogant, faux-feminist, sexist, stupid, delusional, and self-proclaimed "enigmatic genius" in the band.

I have appeared on an MTV webseries called Weird Vibes a number of times as the character, being interviewed alongside actual buzz bands, but I wanted to take it a step further. Along with a number of FOTs and other really talented people, we made a mockumentary film which follows the band's formation, practices, promotion, and our trip to SXSW (where we played shows and had interviews all in-character). There are a lot of fun cameos in it, and it premieres this Monday night at the Dusty Film Festival.

The movie isn't out to the general public yet but we are having many screenings in the near future.

http://realbananazzz.tumblr.com/
http://www.facebook.com/realBANANAZZZ
http://www.twitter.com/realBANANAZZZ

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: BANANAZZZ
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »
Mitt?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:10:25 PM »
Hahahaa Oh God that tumblr is the shizzit.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
You forgot to mention I'm in it! And I'll be there in person, so bring beers!
See God, Kai

TheBrettster

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »
I was saving it as a surprise! But yes, our own AP Mike appears in this film. The screening will be at the Dusty Film Festival at the School of Visual Arts in NYC, and the cost of entry is a beer for Mike. Incite the Massas!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
Yeah, way to spoil a surprise, Mike. This coming Monday? At the 23rd St. SVA building? What time?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:56 AM »
Hey, I thought it would help put asses in the seats. That's what it's all about, right? Plus, I saw I was mentioned on the cast page, so how big a secret was it really?
See God, Kai

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »
I'm in this (I play Dan the bass player), not that that means anything to anyone.

TheBrettster

• Policemans heel