Author Topic: Fascinating interviews with authors...  (Read 2205 times)

scotttsss

• Achilles bursitis
Fascinating interviews with authors...
« on: May 29, 2007, 01:10:18 AM »
Here's a link to a page with hundreds of authors, interviewed in the 1980's mostly.  Excellent resource, quite thoughtful.  You can listen live or download...  Don Swaim cut these 20 minute or so interviews down to a few minutes each for CBS radio, and it's nice to have access to all of the originals.  enjoy!

http://wiredforbooks.org/swaim/

Dorvid Barnas

Re: Fascinating interviews with authors...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:57:37 AM »
Thanks for passing that along, Scraps. Tim O'Brien is probably my favorite author. A 45 minute audio interview from the late 80s is a real treat, a treat that will likely make me cry. (He's mainly a Vietnam memoirist and it's Memorial Day in DC - vroom vroom!)

Who would you recommend? Who is as funny as Tim O'Brien and Douglas Adams are not funny?

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
Thanks for passing that along, Scraps. Tim O'Brien is probably my favorite author. A 45 minute audio interview from the late 80s is a real treat, a treat that will likely make me cry. (He's mainly a Vietnam memoirist and it's Memorial Day in DC - vroom vroom!)

Who would you recommend? Who is as funny as Tim O'Brien and Douglas Adams are not funny?

Tim O'Brien is great.  What is your fave TO tome?  While he's most known for his Vietnam-centric stuff, I really like In The Lake of the Woods.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:04:19 AM »
Wait, you mean that miniseries with Judd Nelson?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »
You card, you.