Author Topic: EPL (Suck it Barclays!)* Fontasy Premier League  (Read 19262 times)

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
Re: EPL (Suck it Barclays!)* Fontasy Premier League
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 04:53:39 AM »
It'd be a shame to see him go but I think they have enough cover, I like Gylfi a lot, and you have to let AVB get the team he wants.  He's hopefully there for the long haul, give him some money and let him build.
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
A striker or two would be good too, right? Seems like only a matter of time until Adebayor throws a fit.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
You're probably right, unfortunately.  Damiao perhaps?
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
Could AVB make Edin Dzeko into the player he once was? That guy was pretty unbelievable for a bit. Utterly rubbish now, though.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
It'd be a bummer to see another US keeper bounced from the Lane.  The reason I became a fan of Spurs was Kasey Keller, but Lloris would probably be a long-term upgrade.

Dembele would be nice, Dzeko would hopefully find his scoring boots again.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
FC Pant Fun just made a couple moves -- might have 11 who actually play this week.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
Newbridge AFC (The Mighty 'Bridge) is biding its time. In hindsight, though, picking a Utd striker who wasn't Van Persie or Rooney was perhaps the stupidest move possible, however considering RVP's made out of balsa wood and Rooney has a hole in his leg, WHO KNOWS?

and Lloris is a super goalie, although I have a weird soft spot for US footballers. Dempsey, Keller, Friedel, Howard, Reyna, Donovan, McBride. dunno why, just like them is all.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 05:06:14 AM »
Looks like Friedel's streak is coming to an end.  I didn't see any news about him going to another squad.

I was travelling and missed the news about Dempsey until this morning.  Wow!  Now I may have a few too many Spurs on my fantasy team!

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »
As both an American and a relatively recent Spurs fan (I've been following them for about three seasons now) I'm very happy with the Dempsey move. Although to be honest, I thought the way he was acting at Fulham there was completely classless.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
I thought the way he was acting at Fulham there was completely classless.

Agreed. But 90-something % of soccer players are completely classless, so it's not a shock. I wish it were different but when you take working class kids, basically take them out of education from the age of 13 and make them multi-millionaires even if they are mediocre it's to be expected. (this is the British players I'm talking about.)
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 06:53:12 AM »
I was also really surprised by his attitude.  I'm thinking that maybe he and Jol had a bit of a set-to.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »
As both an American and a relatively recent Spurs fan (I've been following them for about three seasons now) I'm very happy with the Dempsey move. Although to be honest, I thought the way he was acting at Fulham there was completely classless.

A lot of people jumped on that Spurs bandwagon toward the end of the season, but they couldn't deliver.  Duncan is getting up there - still productive, but he can't carry a team through the playoffs like he used to.

Wait, what's a Totten Ham?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:50 AM »

A lot of people jumped on that Spurs bandwagon toward the end of the season, but they couldn't deliver.  Duncan is getting up there - still productive, but he can't carry a team through the playoffs like he used to.

It's kind of like a portable luncheon meat.  It's a long O sound.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
Transfer window doesn't close until after the EPL starts, then the interlull comes 3 or 4 rounds in.  Nothing like breaking up the cohesion and momentum!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »

It's kind of like a portable luncheon meat.  It's a long O sound.

That earns you a point.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!