Author Topic: New Listening Party - Meet Scharpling AND Wurster.  (Read 21994 times)

Jason

New Listening Party - Meet Scharpling AND Wurster.
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:30:53 PM »
On the back of the success of the last gathering.....

On tuesday the 5th of June on the roof garden of the Iron Monkey like minded FOTs and Best Show listeners will once again gather in order to drink, chat and listen to the Best Show which will be played over the bar's sound system.

Tom Scharpling will once again make a personal appearance but this time he will be accompanied by none other than Jon Wurster.

So, it's The Iron Monkey at 97 Greene Street, two short blocks from the Exchange Place Path station and a stones throw from the WFMU studios.

Click here for map.

Listening party 8-11pm
Personal appearance by Scharpling and Wurster at 11pm.

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: New Listening Party - Meet Scharpling AND Wurster.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »
aw, crap.

Are t's b's invited, or just the dudes?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:17 PM »
We should have a superchunk pool party fot meetup.

Tyrannosaurus Rocks

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
I'm in
Who ever heard of a dinosaur with a head full of grease and an out of tune guitar?

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 10:00:57 PM »
YES.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:30 PM »
does this mean a rare in-studio wurster appearance on the 5th?

edit: and a warning call from the gorch tonight?

I was/am giddy anticipating next week's show

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 11:59:22 PM »
Ouch! I wish I'd known about this one before going to last week's. 
If I drove up from DC again just for this, it might creep Tom out a bit, and my next contest entry will likely be pushing that envelope as it is. :)
It's sure to be a hall-of-fame event, though.  Have fun, fots!  Drink a malted!

Edit:  Screw it, I'll probably go.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:26:58 AM »
That's it. I'm coming.

Please recommend accomodations in the Jersey City/Newark area for Tuesday nite.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
Cripes!!
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Jason

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:41:59 AM »
Maybe some kind Jersy City FOTs could offer some floorspace, I would if I didn't live in one room.
I checked a couple of nearby hotels but there doesn't appear to be any availability, if you are going to book a room it might be wise to post here and see if anyone else wants in so you can split the cost and share rooms.

Also if anyone is driving in maybe you could post here to see if you could pick somebody up on the way, you'd feel good about yourself and you might get some gas money.

There were about 25 people last time, I'm certain we can double those numbers this time especially if we pool our resources in terms of transport and accomodation.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »
I briefly considered coming up but I've got a meeting the next day.   Oh well, I'll be able to intensely focus on the Gorch and stare raptly at the computer speakers.

I'll be in Jersey City the last two days of June though, if anyone wants to meet up then.  No, there's no special events, no listening party and no celebrities involved... but there will be plenty of strained conversation!  

Sarah

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »
You know, I actually checked out airfares.  The cheapest that turned up last night was almost $500, with the trip lasting six hours.  And that doesn't include the two hours to Bangor.  By bus, it would cost only $85, but the trip each way would take thirteen hours (again, not including the trip to Bangor). 

If that weren't enough to discourage me, there's the fact that I'd probably seize up with shock the instant I stepped off the plane/bus, since the largest town I've been to since 1997 (not 1999, as I misremembered last night) has a population of less than 6,000.  Some friendly FOT would thus have to have to act as my Virgil from start to finish for me to function at all.

So, all in all, not too practicable.  Guess I'll just slum it in the chat with all the other deprived souls.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »
Yes, if someone wants to split a hotel room, lemme know. I would forever be indebted to anyone offering floorspace, but my flight leaves from EWR at 6:15A on Wednesday, thus making me less than an ideal guest.

I'll be Amtraking across PA on Tuesday. This is exciting.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Laurie

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »
Yes, if someone wants to split a hotel room, lemme know. I would forever be indebted to anyone offering floorspace, but my flight leaves from EWR at 6:15A on Wednesday, thus making me less than an ideal guest.

I'll be Amtraking across PA on Tuesday. This is exciting.

I found a departing flight for $174.00 and a returning flight for $59.00. I'd do it if it were $59.00 both ways. Also, I'm already taking off three days in June, and I'm pretty sure someone in my advisory group has that week off.

Curses. Foiled again.  :'(

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:33:38 PM »
Wow, Sarah, you are a Shut-In's Shut-In.  Is there a magazine that does profiles of that sort of thing?

Since 1996, I've been to 13 of the 14 largest cities in the US (stupid San Antonio) and 37 of the top 50.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!