Author Topic: S&W Calls You'd Like to See Re-Made  (Read 2316 times)

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
S&W Calls You'd Like to See Re-Made
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
I was reading a sad news story today about some person who got sucked in by a multi-level marketing scam and I remembered that Tom & Jon did a really funny call about this wherein one of Tom's old high school friends called in, trying to sign up Tom for "Trickster" (pronounced "Trickstar"), as run by the mysterious, Dick Xan.

Anyway, while this was a very funny call, it's one of the few plagued by a bad connection on Jon's end. So it would definitely be at the top of my list of "calls I'd like to see re-made."

Any other examples of good calls that could be great with a do-over?
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

thom

• Achilles bursitis
Re: S&W Calls You'd Like to See Re-Made
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
I'd like Kid eBay to call back, fully healed, and then fall down a set of stairs again.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
I've never heard the unedited, non-CD version where Kid dies.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
On a side-note, I have the Kid E-bay call on my ipod somewhere, I'm sure, but haven't been able to dig it out lately. Was it a Best Show Gem, or included as part of another podcast or interview, or something? Any help help gratefully appreciated.

Yours, etc.
Barry

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »
I have it on Hippy Justice but I didn't realize there was a non-CD version...what's the info on that?

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 06:43:40 PM »
I think it's just the version that originally aired on the show. Buffcoat's got the air date on his blog, but it's unavailable for dload (as are all the calls put on CD).

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »
Did Kid eBay really die in the original broadcast?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
Did Kid eBay really die in the original broadcast?

No - Tom abandons him because the show ends, and Kid eBay believes he might die, but he's still alive at the end of the call.  His last words to Tom are, "I love you."

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
Ah, thank you for clearing this up, Buffcoat. Sorry to mislead anybody. I was going on scattered talk about the original call from earlier posts I've read on these boards.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 12:28:58 AM »
On a side-note, I have the Kid E-bay call on my ipod somewhere, I'm sure, but haven't been able to dig it out lately. Was it a Best Show Gem, or included as part of another podcast or interview, or something? Any help help gratefully appreciated.

Yours, etc.
Barry

I know I heard it on an episode of the Sound of Young America.