Author Topic: A new rival for the hutPod?  (Read 4933 times)

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

AspiringCanadian

• Policemans heel
Re: A new rival for the hutPod?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
I love how Rick Rubin, Anthony Kiedis, and Flea are advocates for this.  That trio has made some of the most overproduced albums in the past decade.  Just turn up everything to loud and slap that bass.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
As with all critics of digital music I wonder if these guys are aware that there is no limit to the quality of a digital file. They say they're criticizing "mp3s" but they basically have zero knowledge about how digital music works.  The reason downloads sound shitty sometimes is bad compression techniques--not the hardware.  I've got weird, huge lossless digital files from HDTracks that are "master" quality (better than CD).  I really, really doubt that they're going to have some device that plays these back better than any decent quality mp3 player or computer.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »
I could get behind the cause if he was attempting to create an affordable digital music player with an amazing DAC. I don't think affordable is going to be the key word though, so like you said, what's the point? There are dozens if not hundreds of options for bit perfect, audiophile sound if you're willing to pay the price whether that be on the PC or a digital music player.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 01:41:02 PM »
Oh, I don't know.  I've heard good things about how Heinz Audio's systems reduce the twin tragedies of heavy diffraction and thermal runaway.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
I have a pending lawsuit with Heinz Audio because I could see that thermal running away with my HD sunglasses.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 07:48:40 AM »
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »
Oh wow.  It's triangular.  How much can it do with crummy mp3s?
Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »
My Lisa Suckdog audio files have never sounded crisper!
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 11:11:03 AM »
i can't tell you how much I love the shape of this thing. It's like they made every single aspect as inconvenient as possible.
Your vigor for life appalls me.