Author Topic: Hullo.  (Read 3318 times)

Lookit

• Policemans heel
Hullo.
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself: although I am a 'new people' I have been devotedly listening to Tom for about 5-6 years, first from the UK and now from NY. I have never called in and don't know if I will, half due to general fear and half because my accent makes me totally incoherent to most people. I don't think I have the constitution to take a heave-ho on that basis.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute here via the magic of keyboard, much like an unusually intelligent ape.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Hullo.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:51:57 AM »
Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself: although I am a 'new people' I have been devotedly listening to Tom for about 5-6 years, first from the UK and now from NY. I have never called in and don't know if I will, half due to general fear and half because my accent makes me totally incoherent to most people. I don't think I have the constitution to take a heave-ho on that basis.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute here via the magic of keyboard, much like an unusually intelligent ape.

What accent do you have? 
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Lookit

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »
Glaswegian, and I like to think I'm reasonably well-spoken, but very rarely do I have a phonecall where someone understands me.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
Glaswegian, and I like to think I'm reasonably well-spoken, but very rarely do I have a phonecall where someone understands me.

Now I think you should call in.  Seriously.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Lookit

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »

Now I think you should call in.  Seriously.

Well, on top of the above, I'd be a horrible, stuttering mess. Maybe if I hear Tom offer an opinion on the movie 'Neds', or even 'Brave' I'll feel like I'd be on firmer ground.