Author Topic: 12.12.12. concert: McCartney to front 'Nirvana' reunion rumo(u)rs  (Read 1433 times)

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
They've played together in various capacities, playing Beatles songs... Somehow I don't see Macca screaming Rape Me et al.

It would be interesting though.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/4693497/Sir-Paul-McCartney-replacing-Kurt-Cobain-in-Nirvana.html#ixzz2ErIabW4K
"Is this me?"

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: 12.12.12. concert: McCartney to front 'Nirvana' reunion rumo(u)rs
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
Nirbeatles were great. I know that in some quarters, Macca has a reputation as a peddler of schmaltz. I think that's largely undeserved, because when he wants to, he can rock with the best of them. Last night's performance was a testament to that.

But for me, the highlight of the 12.12.12 concert was The Who. They were tremendous.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: 12.12.12. concert: McCartney to front 'Nirvana' reunion rumo(u)rs
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
Nirbeatles were great. I know that in some quarters, Macca has a reputation as a peddler of schmaltz. I think that's largely undeserved, because when he wants to, he can rock with the best of them. Last night's performance was a testament to that.

But for me, the highlight of the 12.12.12 concert was The Who. They were tremendous.

Bell Boy, dear God, what an amazing thing, that song meant so much to me as a kid. It was fantastic. I would love to call in and talk about that song with Tom, but I would not want to undercut him when he's probably going to talk about the whole concert.

And then later Paul played 1985! Great great great. These guys were pulling a playlist from my dreams.