Author Topic: Howard Jones chat.  (Read 1066 times)

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
Howard Jones chat.
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
Do you want to hear my Howard Jones story?

Me and my mate used to travel around the NW of England, mainly around Manchester and Liverpool watching local bands.  It was something to do.

One night we were in a place called Stockport and Howard was top of the bill.  He was ok, he already had a bit of a fan base and it was a fairly decent night.  After the gig we were stood at the bar when Howard pops up.  We chatted, said we enjoyed his songs for which he thanked us and asked if we'd fill in our details on little cards he carried.

After that we used to get personal, hand written letters thanking us for coming to see him and letting us know where we could see him  again about once a month.

I don't know if it's for me to issue 'thumbs ups' but I think for this the pint-size popster deserves one. Then he hit the medium-time with an appearence on Top of the Pops.  THE VERY NEXT DAY me and my mate got a laminated sheet telling us that it would cost us £20 to join the Official Howard Jones Fan Club.  Thumbs down?

I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey