Author Topic: MARCH 5th! WFMU FUNDRAISER WEEK ONE! JULIE KLAUSNER! COCO! PLEDGE!!!  (Read 3578 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Hey all, it’s Tom Scharpling!

The 2013 WFMU fundraising marathon starts THIS WEEK. If you didn't know, WFMU is a listener-sponsored station that doesn't take corporate sponsorships or sleazy grants that compromise our ability to be 100 percent freeform. It lets me do what I do every week! But the only way that continues is if we receive your pledges!

We work really hard to make your pledges worth it. And this year I have put together a premium that I am truly thrilled about! It’s called the ‘COME ON Y’ALL IT’S TIME TO HAVE FUN’ FUN PACK Any pledge of 75 dollars or more automatically secures you a copy!

It consists of:

A GARY THE SQUIRREL VINYL SINGLE! This will be the recording debut of everybody’s favorite squirrel! It’s gonna be AMAZING!

And you can only get it by pledging DURING MY MARATHON SHOW!

The pack also includes a BEST SHOW RAIN PONCHO! Be the envy of all your friends at whatever dirty rock festival you’re at!

You also get a set of BEST SHOW BUTTONS that will only be available by pledging DURING MY SHOW!

And if that isn’t enough we will give you a DOWNLOAD of me and AP Mike doing a FULL DIRECTORS COMMENTARY for the movie STROSZEK!

And everybody who pledges $500 or more will get A PHONE CALL FROM ME! I am already dreading this offer but I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP WFMU ON THE AIR!!!

And the only way to get these things is to pledge DURING MY SHOW on TUESDAY MARCH 5th - from 9 PM to midnight EST!

You can pledge by calling 800-989-9368 or online at wfmu.org, but again - you must do it DURING MY SHOW.

We try to make the marathon shows fun instead of being a boring PBS pledge snooze. And I could not be more excited to have two VERY special guests live in the studio: JULIE KLAUSNER and COCO from the Ettes!!!
I will also be giving out all kinds of prizes during the show with random drawings. Great books and records and signed stuff and super rare things!

WFMU also offers a variety of premiums that you can get for pledging at different prize levels. You can check them out by going to http://www.wfmu.org/marathon/tch.shtml

And if you can’t call or pledge online DURING MY SHOW and want to be sure you don’t miss out on the awesome premiums, you can EMAIL ME YOUR PLEDGE at toms@wfmu.org and I will write it up myself!

But high roller or entry level pledge, we need EVERYONE to step up and make it happen! TUESDAY MARCH 5th! wfmu.org! 9-midnight EST!

And PLEASE jam this on social media! Twitter, Facebook, all of them! The hashtag is gonna be #TomThon so I'm asking you all to spread the word HARD on this.

Thanks! I am grateful! Now let’s make HISTORY!

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
Re: MARCH 5th! WFMU FUNDRAISER WEEK ONE! JULIE KLAUSNER! COCO! PLEDGE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
Everyone who pledges $365 or more tonight is in the running to get this lovely stained glass piece:

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
Did they ever announce who won the stained glass?

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
So I'd like to pledge, but I can't really afford it right now, and I don't have my own credit card yet. If I pledge now, can I add a credit card later?

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »
If you can pay the pledge over the next bunch of months, you can pledge during the marathon. They don't take credit card/payment info on the spot.

But you have to do it during my show if you want to be In on the action!

Tom.