Author Topic: TUESDAY MARCH 12th! FINAL MARATHON SHOW! HODGMAN! AC NEWMAN! PLEDGE!!  (Read 11780 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Hello dear friends.

The 2013 WFMU fundraising marathon is about to enter its second and final week. If you aren’t aware, WFMU is a listener-sponsored station. We are not beholden to sleazy corporations or horrible endowments that compromise our ability to be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FREEFORM. And that’s a unique thing in the world today – it allows me to do the show I do every week. But the only way that it can continue is if you pledge to keep it going!

My second and final marathon show will be TUESDAY MARCH 12 from 9 PM-midnight EST. That is your last chance to pledge to The Best Show and to get my premium and to get in on the running for the amazing exclusive prizes I will be giving out throughout the show!

This year I have put together a premium that I am truly thrilled about! It’s called the ‘COME ON Y’ALL IT’S TIME TO HAVE FUN’ FUN PACK Any pledge of 75 dollars or more automatically secures you a copy!

It consists of:

-A GARY THE SQUIRREL VINYL SINGLE! This will be the recording debut of everybody’s favorite squirrel! It’s gonna be AMAZING!

-A BEST SHOW RAIN PONCHO! Be the envy of all your friends at whatever dirty rock festival you’re at!

-A set of BEST SHOW BUTTONS that will only be available by pledging DURING MY SHOW!

And if that isn’t enough we will give you a DOWNLOAD of me and AP Mike doing a FULL DIRECTORS COMMENTARY for the Werner Herzog movie STROSZEK!

But you have to pledge DURING MY SHOW to get this premium!

There are more prizes! Everybody who pledges $500 or more will get A PHONE CALL FROM ME! I am already dreading this offer but I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP WFMU ON THE AIR!!!

And the only way to get these things is to pledge DURING MY SHOW on TUESDAY MARCH 12th - from 9 PM to midnight EST!

You can pledge by calling 800-989-9368 or online at wfmu.org, but again - you must do it DURING MY SHOW.

We try to make the marathon shows fun instead of being a boring PBS pledge snooze. And I could not be more excited to have two VERY special guests live in the studio: JOHN HODGMAN and AC NEWMAN! There will be lots of music and laughs and surprises!

I have some AMAZING PRIZES that we will be drawing for throughout the show. Stuff that I can’t believe we’re giving away, like:

-Patton Oswalt’s BOOTS, SECURITY PASS, SIGNED FINAL SCRIPT and DIRECTOR CHAIR from THE KING OF QUEENS!

- The MOUNTAIN GOATS will record a Kiss cover JUST FOR YOU with your name mentioned IN THE SONG!

-The original sketch for the Best Show t-shirt designed by COOP!

- Autographed books and DVDs by STEPHEN COLBERT, JON STEWART, JON GLASER!

And lots of rare/exclusive LPs, books, DVDs and CDs!

I know you might be busy on Tuesday night. So if you can’t call or pledge online DURING MY SHOW and want to be sure you don’t miss out, you can EMAIL ME YOUR PLEDGE at toms@wfmu.org and I will write it up myself!

But high roller or entry level pledge, we need EVERYONE to step up and make it happen! TUESDAY MARCH 12th! wfmu.org! 9-midnight EST! And PLEASE jam this on social media! Twitter, Facebook, all of them! The hashtag is gonna be #TomThon so I'm asking you all to spread the word HARD on this.

Thanks! I am grateful! Now let’s DO THIS THING!

Tom.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
Re: TUESDAY MARCH 12th! FINAL MARATHON SHOW! HODGMAN! AC NEWMAN! PLEDGE!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:41:29 AM »
So here's how the prizes will break down throughout the show:

PATTON OSWALT has donated his KING OF QUEENS director chair, final script signed by the cast, show-worn boots, crew jacket and security pass. This prize goes out to the person who pledges the most by the end of the show.

The MOUNTAIN GOATS will record a KISS song selected by the winner with the winner's name inserted into the song! This will be a part of a grand prize drawing at the end of the show for everybody who pledges $1000+ during the show.

COOP has donated his original sketch artwork for the Best Show t-shirt he did last year. This is a grand prize drawing for everybody who pledges $500+ during the show.

We will be drawing for hourly grand prizes throughout the show. You have to pledge $75 or more to be in the running for those. They include:

- JE SHIRT PRIZE PACK (includes fake cocaine from Je Shirt photo shoot, autographed by Jason Woliner!)

- EAGLEHEART PRIZE PACK (three scripts signed by Chris Elliott and show creators including one never produced, plus all episodes on DVD and Doc Shades shades!)

-Signed DELOCATED dvds!

-Signed books by JON STEWART and STEPHEN COLBERT!

-Some truly INSANELY RARE RECORDS from Third Man worth hundreds of dollars!

-Prize packs from DANIELSON and UGLY THINGS and CHEAP REWARDS RECORDS!

And there's more books and DVDs and CDs we'll be giving away as well! Tons of prizes!

But the only way to be in on the running for these things is to pledge DURING THE SHOW! 9PM - midnight EST on Tuesday March 12th!

Pledge by calling 800-989-9368 or online at wfmu.org DURING THE SHOW! And if you can't pledge during the show, email me your pledge at toms@wfmu.org and I'll write it up and you will be in the action for all the prizes!

And do me a favor - HYPE THIS STUFF ALL OVER THE INTERNET. We need as much help as possible! I will be putting pictures of the prizes in this thread so spread them around!

Thanks so much, guys. I appreciate it!

Tom.

QuizGuy66

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »
First off here's a link to the awesome pinterest gallery showing all the great prizes for tonight:

http://pinterest.com/scharpling/2013-wfmu-marathon/

I'll try and post the pictures here but I'm not great at this and can and will yield at any time to a more qualified personage.

-QG
“You can’t be George either,” he said. “You’ll have to be Railroad.”

“But I don’t want to be Railroad,” I protested.

- George Railroad Martin
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/about-george/speeches/here-i-am-again/

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
Here are some of the amazing giveaways for tonight....

An autographed copy of Stephen Colbert's book! One of the many prizes given away during the Best Show fundraising marathon! 9PM-midnite EST! More details on pledging and prizes at friendsoftom.com/...

The JE SHIRT Pack! Featuring a Je Shirt and stickers and a brick of fake cocaine autographed by Je Shirt founder JASON WOLINER! One of the many prizes I am giving out on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST as part of The Best Show fundraising marathon!

An unproduced episode of EAGLEHEART! Part of the EAGLEHEART Pack which includes DVDs of every episode and "Doc Shades" shades! One of the many prizes I am giving out on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST as part of The Best Show fundraising marathon!

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »
And more!!!1

The EAGLEHEART Pack! Scripts signed by CHRIS ELLIOTT (including an unproduced episode!), DVDs of every episode and "Doc Shades" shades! One of the many prizes I am giving out on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST as part of The Best Show fundraising marathon!

Patton Oswalt's cast jacket for KING OF QUEENS! Patton donated this as part of the Best Show fundraiser grand prize! Pledge the most money on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST!

The original pencil sketch drawn by COOP for last year's Best Show t-shirt! Everybody who pledges $500 or more will be in on the drawing for it!

QuizGuy66

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »
Awesome job Derek :)  The sick part is this scratches the surface of the prizes available as I'm sure Derek's next post will show you...

-QG
“You can’t be George either,” he said. “You’ll have to be Railroad.”

“But I don’t want to be Railroad,” I protested.

- George Railroad Martin
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/about-george/speeches/here-i-am-again/

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »

The boots that Patton Oswalt wore on every episode of KING OF QUEENS! Patton Oswalt donated this as part of the Best Show fundraiser grand prize! Pledge the most money on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST!

A DELOCATED dvd autographed by JON GLASER! One of the many prizes I am giving out on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST as part of The Best Show fundraising marathon!

The cast-signed final script for KING OF QUEENS that Patton Oswalt donated as part of the Best Show fundraiser grand prize! Pledge the most money on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST!

Patton Oswalt's DIRECTORS CHAIR from KING OF QUEENS! Patton Oswalt donated this as part of the Best Show fundraiser grand prize! Pledge the most money on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST!

Patton Oswalt modeling the jacket that is part of the Best Show fundraiser grand prize! Pledge the most money on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST!

Patton Oswalt's SECURITY ID from KING OF QUEENS! Patton donated this as part of the Best Show fundraiser grand prize! Pledge the most money on March 12th from 9PM-midnite EST!

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
More prizes...

Two MONSTER MAGNET concert posters:

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
Bob's Burgers prize pack...five t-shirts and a signed script:

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 08:55:04 PM »
Matador Records LP prize pack:

Yo La Tengo - Fade
A.C. Newman - Shut Down The Streets
Yo La Tengo - Stupid Things 12" single [limited to 1,500 copies]
Fucked Up - David's Town - 11 Original Hits From Byrdesdale Spa, UK!
Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo
Fucked Up -  David Comes To Life
Fucked Up - Year Of The Tiger 12" single

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »
David Rees prize pack:

- copy of How To Sharpen Pencils
- pencil sharpened by David
- bag of shavings
- Certificate of Sharpening

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
Ugly Things prize pack [3 magazines; 2 CDs; one 7" single]:

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »
Cheap Rewards Records prize pack:

- The Reactions - Saturday's Gone Wild LP
- The Limit - The Limit LP
- The Rockers - Don't Leave Me Tonight EP
- The Finders - [Finders Keepers[/i] LP

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »
I can't wait to listen to the archive to see if I won anything.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »
i won somethin called parting gifts!