Author Topic: Enlightened  (Read 3968 times)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Enlightened
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:51:44 PM »
Why aren't more people talking about this great show? It's so good, I caught up in 2 days! It's far superior to the gross antics of Girls which every other idiot thinks is the second coming of comedy (the second coming of Kevin Smith is more like it).
See God, Kai

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Enlightened
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:29:06 AM »
Do people actually like Girls or do they just want to talk about it a lot? It's seems like the show is more about generating hype than being funny.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »
Girls seems to be the current IT show. It seems there can never be more than one IT show at a time (Mad Men then Breaking Bad then Downton Abbey and now Girls). I agree that the hype far exceeds the funny in this case.
See God, Kai

rattkane

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »
Why aren't more people talking about this great show? It's so good, I caught up in 2 days! It's far superior to the gross antics of Girls which every other idiot thinks is the second coming of comedy (the second coming of Kevin Smith is more like it).

I haven't seen Enlightened yet but it looks pretty amazing. I more wanted to say how on point this criticism of the show Girls is. All the stories in that show are super sloppy.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »
Girls is a killer show, Mike, but I finally caught up with Enlightened this weekend. Really hated it at first - back when the series storyline hadn't come out yet and Amy's self-aggrandizing holier-than-thou attitude seemed pretty unearned to me. Once the threads came together I couldn't look away. Especially her mom's episode and Levi's episode. Top shelf character study. The Twitter stuff was pretty embarrassing.

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
Yeah, Enlightened is awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
I also love this show.  Just saw Mike White is on WTF next week, very much looking forward to that. 

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »
I just wasn't interested in the show because the advertising just did not do anything for me.
I feel so dumb...

regyptian

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »
I'm going to start watching it. Is it set in the INLAND EMPIRE universe?

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »
When will we find out if this is getting renewed? The surspense is killing me.

RickInSaltLake

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »
I'm going to start watching it. Is it set in the INLAND EMPIRE universe?

I've heard Laura Dern is great in the show...
As far as "Inland Empire" is concerned... That would be cool if they did the show in rabbit costumes...

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »
there's so much good in this show.  some stuff really bothered me, though, maybe you guys can tell me if I'm being too nit-picky.  Almost all the computer related stuff on this show is so absurd it takes me out of it.  entering passwords in plain text?  IT departments don't typically announce 24 hours in advance that they're going to investigate your computer, and they certainly don't have to be in front of the physical machine.  I like a lot it (fantastic performances, and the writing is almost always great) but I don't think I'm always getting what they're wanting me to get.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »
I guess all those AV Club articles and the groundswell of support (groundswell of support = 50~ people (including myself) tweeting to HBO to renew Enlightened) weren't considered enough for HBO to renew this damned show. Oh well. At least we still have that dumb zumbie thing that everyone watches.