Author Topic: Tom's Curb Your Enthusiasm Roasting  (Read 2013 times)

dstangl

• Plantar Fasciitis
Tom's Curb Your Enthusiasm Roasting
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »
Does anyone remember what show it was where Tom does his Curb your Enthusiasm parody with the rant about the ice cream? I know it was from a few years ago, but I haven't been able to find it. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at anything.

laura from brooklyn

• Policemans heel
Re: Tom's Curb Your Enthusiasm Roasting
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
Posting to bump this thread up, because I too would love hear this!

trotnixon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »
+1

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 11:03:57 AM »
Only saw this show once, aside from some recent youtube clips which just confirm my dislike for it. Overrated. Anyway...

So there I am, vegging out in front of the tv with a friend who happens to be of Korean heritage. I suggest he flip the channel to watch Curb saying something along the lines of "its supposed to be pretty funny". In moments the scene takes a turn for the worst- Larry David squares off with a horribly stereotypical, hyper-aggressive Asian character... like embarrassingly and ignorantly stereotypical... like not too far removed from those censored "anti-Jap" Bugs Bunny cartoons. A few uncomfortable seconds pass, my pal says "that's pretty racist" and changes the channel. Awkwardness ensues.

A lame show that isn't as smart or funny as fans think it is. Might as well watch Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger on WWE.