Author Topic: My television fell off the wall. Because I threw something at it.  (Read 4698 times)

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: My television fell off the wall. Because I threw something at it.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
To think that this guy is going to be in the running for things like the Tonight Show in about 10 to 15 years and his massive following of lunkheads is probably going to get him the job is sickening.
What a horrible pastry-ass looking twerp.

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »
I think that clip made me dislike Conan.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »
What am I looking at?
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
What am I looking at?
I'll bet it's a computer screen.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
I think that clip made me dislike Conan.

That wasn't my intention. Jon Stewart is garbage and Pete Holmes is stupid, but I like Conan. He seems like a genuinely funny person, and his writers are pretty solid too, which is why it was so odd to me that whoever was in charge of Conaco, presumably Conan O'Brien, would choose such an unfunny person to host the show following Conan. A person who is either so dumb that he'll mindlessly agree with a talking rat to appease its studio audience, or so opposed to the core beliefs and philosophies of ACTUAL FUNNY PERSON Conan O'Brien that he'll "bring the cynicism." I'm asking "Why?" Why, Conaco, did you give a show to a man who doesn't even share the same basic principles of your namesake?

The Pete Holmes Show clip, when unedited, cuts right to him and Stewart. I realize the irony of making a cynical video condemning cynicism.

The title of this thread is from a (deleted) Scharpling tweet from around the time The Pete Holmes Show premiered.

No one can replace Lopez Tonight in my heart.

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:31:57 PM »
I assumed he was using this definition of "cynical": "believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity."
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »
Huh. I took that as Stewart being sarcastic when he spoke of cynicism. And I like both Stewart and Coco.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
Stewart is a disgusting hypocrite, rolling out the red carpet whenever the bloated fear monger he was just making fun of has a new book to sell. How could you like that? He was using "cynical" to mean: be a bitter petty asshole about everything - good or bad - all the time. You could argue that, hosting the Daily Show, Jon has seen his share of the scum of humanity, and so his default distrust of people is justified. But what kind of life is that? If the world can be what society makes of it, and the audience you reach makes up society, then Conan's plea, to young people in particular, makes sense.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
You seem nice.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 07:55:08 PM »
I must have missed the part about how Conan never had any sucky people on who promoted their stuff. Guess I was wrong and show biz really is a manichean world of corrupt sell-outs on one side of the abyss and people guided by pure humanity on the other. Thanks for the enlightenment!
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »
Conan has had every lame guest there is on. I'm not saying he's a saint, but, to me anyway, he doesn't project the attitude of smug self-satisfaction like I get from the Daily Show sometimes and his remote segments really make me laugh, unlike the sketches on The Pete Holmes Show which make me want to, well, damage my television.

I probably shouldn't have posted that video, or even made it. I should just watch what I like and stop watching shows I don't enjoy. Or learn to appreciate in Pete Holmes what all his fans seem to love about him, like some sort of............ Stockholmes Syndrome.  :) :) ;) :) :) :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »
...I should just watch what I like and stop watching shows I don't enjoy...

*end thread*
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.