Author Topic: The Return of The Best Show  (Read 91794 times)

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Return of The Best Show
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »
Very excited to let you guys know that Tom will be on my radio show tomorrow afternoon. The show starts at 1pm Eastern and Tom will be on shortly after the start. Here's the link to our stream. We're not on TuneIn but the stream works on iPhones and Androids alike. No Windows phone, the Zune of all phones.

djtyler

• Policemans heel
« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »
Awesome. I prolly won't be able to listen live, but do you record your shows?

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »
Awesome. I prolly won't be able to listen live, but do you record your shows?

I'll have a soundcloud link to the interview by tomorrow night!

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
Nice, put it on my work calendar to listen live.

Tom is also going to be on Jon Solomon's show on WPRB, 7-9pm EST Wednesday 12/3/14. He's also taking questions on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/comedyminusone/status/538711308745846785

Jon made a great call towards the end of the previous Best Show, bringing up a bunch of old topics...you could hear that Tom was ready to hang up, but he was being too good, and then he figured out who it was. I just remember Kevin Durant's movie coming up during the call.

Stanley

• Policemans heel

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #365 on: December 01, 2014, 07:54:48 PM »
Wasn't that article amazing? I'm sure he's dying from the "Belushi-esque build" description but couldn't have been a better article otherwise.

jxmitchell

• Policemans heel
« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
I'm guessing the show isn't on tonight, so is it starting on December 9 or December 16?

JesseG.

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »
I'm guessing the show isn't on tonight, so is it starting on December 9 or December 16?

I can't believe we're this close to getting The Best Show back. It's really happening!!
@hedrinksgas

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »

No definitive word yet, be sure you are on the email list at bestshow.net, or just keep checking in.

federationofideas

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
I'm assuming the podcast format = no live callers?  or is there a way around that?  I need more Bad Company in my life

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »
No, there are callers, I believe...

GuyPersonton

• Policemans heel
« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
The return of the Best Show is my Christmas this year. I really can't wait.

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »
Tom called into my radio show today.I'll admit that this is a pretty edited version of what actually went down. In all the nerves of talking to Tom, I built a delay (I know tom is a 15+ year professional of radio and he wouldn't curse, but station policy says I had to) but I forgot to set it so my speakers would play the non-delayed feed so between his dialogue, and mine, there would be an odd pause. So this isn't "as authentic as it was on air," it's been edited. It's a better listen this way.

While editing it to the pause I realized that Tom caught on at some point and began, I guess you could say filling in blank space. The dude is so friendly. We talked before we went on the air, and he's just so nice, and he helped kind of ease the pre-interview nerves, although you can hear it in my voice, then you can hear me holding in laughter. I hope I can one day be a 'quality caller.'

You know how Tom use to name peoples cats? He named my radio show in the same fashion. TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT WITH NATHAN THOMAS.

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
No, there are callers, I believe...

Tom said on Todd Barry's podcast that the show will stream live with callers first & also be a podcast. He said callers are one of his most favorite parts of the show and he could not imagine doing it without them.

amc19

• Policemans heel
« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
The show ended on Dec 18 at midnight. It'd be kind of fitting if it came back almost an entire year later on the 16th.