Author Topic: A new FWD?  (Read 1751 times)

John Junk

A new FWD?
« on: June 26, 2007, 02:53:32 PM »
Courtney Solomon.
Boo!
This guy is so obviously angling for bad boy status that he literally refers to himself as a bad boy so I don't know if he is thereby disqualified from FWD status or not.  But he does press photos posing with bloody baby dolls, so he's about as shocking as the Beatles in 1963 from where I'm standing.  Another "shocking" tactic for his release party is to get the "most wild" girls from Suicide Girls and pay them to hang out at his party.  Which to me is sort of like going to Hot Topic to get the "most wild" pants to wear to the prom.  You can't buy and sell crazy, mister!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/25/movies/25horr.html?8dpc

Those billboards were pretty uncool though.  From the article:

"If horror is indeed lagging, part of the cure, Mr. Solomon said, is for the genre to get even scarier. To that end he persuaded the director of “Captivity,” Roland Joffé, the much-honored filmmaker behind “The Mission” and “The Killing Fields,” to undertake reshoots. These added explicit torture , including a so-called “milkshake” scene that involves body parts and a blender, to a picture that was largely psychological in its thrust when After Dark acquired the rights to it."